Daija ni Totsuida Musume - Ch. 29

Dex-chan lover
I hope the manga doesn't ship them together but she grows faster than normal humans and this manga is about a woman that married a giant snake, so it probably will....
Well, 7 is basically 18 in eromanga years*, so...

Also, page 25 :hearts:

* EDIT: Since some have questioned or objected to this post, I'd like to make clear that I'm NOT endorsing either sexual relations between adults and children or this particular ship. I was trying, with tongue in cheek, to point out that the culture of erotic manga doesn't exactly discourage such things (I gather I missed the mark, humor-wise). And I think the single-panel image on page 25 is lovely, context aside.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
As the guy above said, all the adult characters in this story live with some tragedy, but either they accept it and move on, like Miyo, or they continue to resent it and run through this cycle, like Ankei. Well, at least we confirmed that all his hatred is directed only at Daija and that he likes children (in a good way); and that Ina still likes bald dudes~ :nyoron:
Thks for the translation~💖

Dex-chan lover
I hope the manga doesn't ship them together but she grows faster than normal humans and this manga is about a woman that married a giant snake, so it probably will....
I think it's better than her going after him with a thirst for blood. She already has some violent tendencies, but seeing any of these children getting blood on their hands during their youth is much more disturbing~:shamihuh:💦

Dex-chan lover
The thing I like most about this manga is how you really, truly, never know where it is going to go. It's like a mix of a familiar folk tale and something utterly alien and bizarre. Mixed with a good dose of wholesomeness. And snek sex. Ahh who am I kidding I love all aspects of it!

Power Uploader
Tbh, it is strange that I like this so much. Like from all mangas I read this is the only one I know that is about a family that was made. What I mean is most manga stop with the part of them getting together and maybe a extra to get a glimps of a child but that is all.

Love how this is done and how wholesome it feels but also sad.

Dex-chan lover
The thing I like most about this manga is how you really, truly, never know where it is going to go. It's like a mix of a familiar folk tale and something utterly alien and bizarre. Mixed with a good dose of wholesomeness. And snek sex. Ahh who am I kidding I love all aspects of it!
I'm guessing especially the snake sex?

Dex-chan lover

Well... there's indeed and element of romantic feelings on Ina's side, but that's normal, she is growing and Anki is the only male human she interacts with. But it goes beyond that, there many more complex feelings there, between all them.
Things are cool for now, this chapters was a reminder that this complex web of relationships and emotions will inevitable lead to some conflict and tragedy someday. Whatever happens was years coming.

I think deep down, Ina is more concerned about Ankei than her father. She knows her father is strong and the « God of the forest / village », no one will defeat or kill him. But Ankei is just a mere human who’s hell bent on killing Daija. If he keeps going after his revenge, he’s most likely going to die and Ina knows that. That’s why she tries to stop him.

That’s my take on this conflict. It’s ambiguous enough to make you think that she’s thinking of her father well-being but I truly think she has a lot of (repressed ?) affection for Ankei and doesn’t want him to be hurt / killed.

I still don’t know where the mangaka is going with Ina / Ankei. I’m thinking about a romantic relationship in the near futur but the comparison scene between her father saving her from her fall and Ankei saving her from her fall gave me some new idea. The mangaka might just go for a father figure type of relationship. She almost looks human and only has a human mother for reference. Ankei can be her human father figure and help her be more in tune with her human side (which is more predominant).

Dex-chan lover
I think deep down, Ina...
Reading your post somehow made me wonder how Tokitaro is going to find a romantic interest. I can't see him getting down with an actual snake, like a dumb one. But he doesn't have his fathers charm and charisma to be able to woo a real human girl (or boy, I guess, if you want to go there).

Dex-chan lover
I think deep down, Ina is more concerned about Ankei than her father. She knows her father is strong and the « God of the forest / village », no one will defeat or kill him. But Ankei is just a mere human who’s hell bent on killing Daija. If he keeps going after his revenge, he’s most likely going to die and Ina knows that. That’s why she tries to stop him.
I think this is the correct take. She still sees the world as being divided into the strong and the weak, predators like her Dad and the prey they dominate. She assumes that those crossing the strong are in the wrong which is part of why she tells Ankei to not blame her Dad. Obviously, Ankei can't let things go and it could result in his end. I also fear this is foreshadowing some kind of future conflict where Ankei becomes in a position to kill Daija or succeeds and the roles of revenge reverse and he expects Ina to kill him. I hope that doesn't happen, and the key might be Miyo who is uniquely suited as the MC to understand both sides of the conflict. I hope she is able to mediate a peaceful alternative and convey those complicated emotions to her children.

Thanks for the chapter.

Dex-chan lover
I really hope it's not one of those stories where the kids die. I get so worried in these kind of manga with this somber atmosphere.

Users who are viewing this thread