Daija ni Totsuida Musume - Ch. 30

Aggregator gang
I mean I'd say her "changing" is just her distancing herself from the overbearing and smothering personality she developed in the village. I mean replace giant snake with typical manhua/ shoujo hunk and its not that crazy.
That's what I'm saying if you think of daija as an allegory for marrying a powerful man it works just as well. A woman exiled from her village manages to marry an influential man (military officer, rich fella, warlord), and uses his power to get right with the village that wronged her. As for the children thing I guess you could (a bit of a reach) say they are more scared of the boy because they see him as the person who will succeed his fathers powers and could oppress them, so they see him as the same monster his father is just a smaller version

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
That was wild! I have two cute parts that i liked the most, Wataru being a great uncle and the little story about the village people being devoured ( Hachibei was a plus! When your best friend is a raccoon it says a lot about you)~ :nyoron:
Thks for the translation

Dex-chan lover
even if you're a big snake who's feared by others, Daija still have to listen to his wife lol XD

the father's friend was really great, I'm glad that Miyo at least had him growing up.

honestly I'm not that worried or concerned about Miyo's mind changing.

yeah ok that's too drastic. Miyo is just slowly learning how to live for herself and choosing to act in her (and her loved ones') interests instead of caving to the village's every whim.
She was basically abused by the whole damn village while she was alone back then, and now that she has other people in her corner, she's learning to say "fuck it" to the village and their bad behaviors, it's not "her humanity is slipping".
Like, I'm sure that many abused victims, while they wouldn't take revenge or actively hurt their abusers back, they would be completely fine/apathetic if something bad happened to their abusers.

though I do agree that something will happen. The village has only been increasingly fearful/hateful towards Miyo's family, and we all know that ignorant farmers + targeted fear/hatred is a recipe for disasters.

anw, thanks for the chapter!!
I just put it like that bc it was almost 5 am while I wrote that, I was sleepy, and bc the whole way that it was framed, with her not caring and just fucking outside, catching herself actively wishing for the death of others, made me feel as if it's not only mentally that Daija is affecting, changing her. The giant snake deity still counts as something supernatural after all

Dex-chan lover
The story will go back to focus on Miyo more?
Good thing, makes me wonder if Miyo will end guiding Daija to kill someone.

Almost like Miyo's humanity is slipping, and something big will happen soon bc of it

If the villagers (and many other characters and people) are still "human" after the many bad things they did, then Miyo remains as human as them.
It's more a question of "civilization/culture" than humanity.
Miyo is just letting go of some reservations that aren't absolutely necessary to follow.

Rather than changing we could say she is finally adapting to her current situation, one were she can do more than just silently protest showing her scar.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Fushi-Ashikumo-Daija-ni-Totsuida-M-c030-p036-edit-lg.jpg

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I mean I'd say her "changing" is just her distancing herself from the overbearing and smothering personality she developed in the village. I mean replace giant snake with typical manhua/ shoujo hunk and its not that crazy.
Then consider her dream: that hunk kills everyone she doesn't like, and at first she's mad, but then later she realizes that the only things left are things she does.

That's bad too.

Dex-chan lover
Then consider her dream: that hunk kills everyone she doesn't like, and at first she's mad, but then later she realizes that the only things left are things she does.

That's bad too.
oh come now, it was just an orgasm-induced dream, that's all.

Dex-chan lover
he should kill them all
not just the men, but the women and children too

Dex-chan lover
Don't worry Mio. I feel my morals fade every time theres a Snek Sax scene.😂

Last edited:
I totally agree with @zokoi19
That’s how I took it :
Because of her father’s (false) accusation, Miyo had to be a « good girl », a good villager. She had to force herself to be kind to them, to be submissive and not be vindictive despite all the bullying from the villagers. I think she was afraid to bring more misfortune to her family and wanted to preserve the harmony and peace so she suppressed all her hatred towards the villagers.

On another hand, there is Daija who doesn’t give a fuck about those mofos. He either wants to eat them or don’t acknowledge them at all.
That’s because Daija is above them and also because he’s not human therefore he is not subject to all the social manners.

There is this inner conflict within Miyo, she wants to stay the « kind and peaceful » Miyo who’s the only bridge between Daija and the villagers
-> preserve her humanity
But on the other hand she also wants to be more like Daija and stop caring for the villagers, she may even want their death
-> embrace her animalistic side.

I don’t think she will go full mama snake, but she will stop playing nice with them. And I think it will start with the children who’re ostracizing Toki and Ina.

Dex-chan lover
Between the mayor's daughter and monk dude, future problems seem inevitable

Power Uploader
Tbh, really getting a bad feeling about this. Like don't know feel something bad happens. Tho I think Mio will be trying to kill them and daija will try to talk her out of it. Something like a twist. Like she is becoming more him wanting vengeance and he becoming more her but we will see really like this story. It is a bit weird but love they have children like never seen another manga do it. Like most end when they marry or you get one chapter to see there child.

Dex-chan lover
When shtf happen, I have high hope the children will talk them out of it. While not well received by their peers, there arent much bad blood either, and the interaction with the monk certainly helped stabilizing their emotion.

Users who are viewing this thread