Dainana Maouji Zilbagias no Maou Keikokuki - Vol. 2 Ch. 5 - Dark Portal

Dex-chan lover
As a reader I am liking this series...but the tone so far is really weird to accept from a meta standpoint. Like, we establish that individual demons like the tutor and mom are quite nice and reasonable people, and that the demon kingdom was formed with best intentions...

And yet we know the converse of the human side where they're brutal expansionist invaders who wantonly murder and rape, all in the name of their evil god (who is named "Cannibal" of all things). On top of that, we know at least their royal society is pretty petty (i.e. only the strong call the shots).

I get that the author wants to set up a complex morality conflict with this story, but so far it's still fairly hard to stomach. I can't imagine being satisfied with the MC siding with secretly sabotaging the demons OR trying to reconcile with the human lands if it proves the demons have their own right to exist beyond their dark pact with Cannibal.

Dex-chan lover
You know, I’m really curious as to what will happen when everything is all done. Like who will his mom side with, him or the demon king?
Definitely with his son! It's a dog-eat-dog society! It's expected from him, and others heirs, to fight for power!
I did read few reviews of the novel, and it's described as a quite dark story, the power he receives is ,let's say interesting! The majority were positive reviews, but it's not a story for everyone! It really made want to read more!

Dex-chan lover
Hrqibjt.png

The flap of her ass cheeks keeps alerting the guards

Dex-chan lover
Demon Mommy is the worst kind of helicopter parent, but at least she's concerned for his safety. Whether it's out of love for her son and/or her position is another thing.

We all know he's going to form a contract with an archdevil, who is no doubt the girl on the covers!
All the princes and princesses have formed a contract, and each represents one of the Seven Deadly Sins. Not hard to figure out which one the mc represents.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread