Damedol to Sekai ni Hitori Dake no Fan - Ch. 31 - His Weakness

Dex-chan lover
To my understanding, you can combine them and add all the time together for uninterrupted conversation?
Or maybe same ticket can be used for every week so Kimiya still has a lot more and decide he still want to continue the conversation?
Honestly, I don't know a lot about idol culture either.

Group Leader
Thanks for the translation!

The translation is a bit rough in some places, and some of the text isn't CLRD properly. If you need help, I'm happy to take a look.

Dex-chan lover
I have never participated in an event like this, nor have I seen what can they do, but... is there a chance to see Popochi in a bikini? he he he

Dex-chan lover
To my understanding, you can combine them and add all the time together for uninterrupted conversation?
Or maybe same ticket can be used for every week so Kimiya still has a lot more and decide he still want to continue the conversation?
It varies according to the rules of each idol group and even the specific event. But generally speaking, you either buy a ticket directly or purchase some specific merch on site (usually laid out in front of the meeting booth area) and gain a ticket as a bonus.

That ticket is usually good for one photo, as the event is usually framed as a photo taking event. You queue up on front of the booth of the idol you want to meet, then when it's your turn you get to take the photo. During that time you may also get a bit of time to chat with the idol...how long depends, and usually for popular groups it's only a few seconds, plus a handshake (which is sometimes framed as the main objective instead) and that's it. For underground idols like Urumin it can be up to a minute or so.

Generally, the ticket is only good for that day and you have to get it onsite, except in the case of big idol groups with promotional campaigns before the event. You can get more than one, but since the ticket is actually used for a "photo", presenting multiple tickets usually just means you want all the photos at once and you don't get more time with the idol. If you do want more time, you'll have to queue again. If nothing else, it's to have courtesy for everyone else queueing up.

Speaking of courtesy, idol culture is pretty big on that, which is why while it's comically exaggerated, other fans going out of their way for OtaUru isn't that weird. Examples that we have already seen in this manga are true irl, like giving a ticket to someone you know is a fan of a certain idol if they may lose out on meeting them otherwise. Or in the live, pushing fans of a certain idol to the front when their oshi is in focus. I've heard at least one story when a guy who was known to be an idol's no.1 fan was carried to the front and hoisted up by the crowd, presumably all strangers.

Hardcore idol fans understand what things like that means for other fans. That's the more wholesome half of the culture ppl don't usually know about.

Dex-chan lover
Beach offline meeting! Beach! Offline! Meeting!

Urumin is going try so damn hard only to be rescued by Kimiya right? And I wonder what kind of disasters the other idol members will cause. I wonder if Kimiya will bring his ''fuckboi'' friend?

I'm a bit confuse on the times up part. I'm not familiar with idol culture that much. I heard you need ticket for the after concert meeting, but it didn't appear he had to buy a new ticket, so was it like, for entrance only and after that you can line up for anyone you'd like for as many time he'd like within the time limit of the meeting?

If that's the case, I take it that it's just a joke that he has to go back to the end of non-existing line to talk to her again?
I think he just buys multiple Urumin tickets and since there is no queue he can just continue going as if there is nothing. Normally he would probably be considered a nuisance but since he is the only one who shows up for Urumin anyway they probably don't mind lol.

Dex-chan lover
i am glad we know the real reason why she dont have any other fans other then him

i very sure they told newbie about that and make sure all of them follow their step

also...his weakness ended up become her weakness lol

Dex-chan lover
You don't have to think about it too much since you've got it the first time: he has multiple tickets, per ticket has a limited time, he just queued back up into the non existing line and went up to the front again.

Users who are viewing this thread