Danshi Koukousei, Otome Game no Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei Suru

Dex-chan lover
First comment!

It was short but surprisingly good. A little basic, but you don't need to overcomplicate isekais for them to entertain.

Dex-chan lover
Prop for trying to brute-force (and probably failing in the end) a yuri route where it wasn't before BUT this is pretty much speed running the entire list of highschool boys' "first love" romcom cliche with the villainess acting like a guy. Sounds like GL as much as having a guy jumping in between yuri.

Double-page supporter
Prop for trying to brute-force (and probably failing in the end) a yuri route where it wasn't before BUT this is pretty much speed running the entire list of highschool boys' "first love" romcom cliche with the villainess acting like a guy. Sounds like GL as much as having a guy jumping in between yuri.
I mean... there is a bit of overlap between those tropes and "dumbass lesbian failwife" energy, but personally I'm hoping/expecting the lead to act more maidenly as they fully reconcile the two lives they've lived and remember, and as the heroine perhaps gets more assertive.

Just living for the moment of "wait what? wasn't I supposed to be the one taking the initiative as a former guy?"

God being like: "you started the yuri route, you live with the consequences"

Dex-chan lover
This manga so far is really good, it does subvert a lot of the genderbending isekai "tropes" and I hope it continues to do so.

Fed-Kun's army
Delusional MC? Teenage boys who can't understand women being attracted to girl who because they're a man inside makes them easier to read? What could go wrong in the eventual reverse harem on accident?

Double-page supporter
Delusional MC? Teenage boys who can't understand women being attracted to girl who because they're a man inside makes them easier to read? What could go wrong in the eventual reverse harem on accident?
Nah, heroine is officially starting to go low-key schemes yandere to keep the boys away from the protag. Yuri route not so delusional after all it seems. :V

Fed-Kun's army
Nah, heroine is officially starting to go low-key schemes yandere to keep the boys away from the protag. Yuri route not so delusional after all it seems. :V
Oh, 100% which I'm excited for, because MC is 100% down with it when it's eventually discovered. This twist makes this series SO much more fun, because I've never seen this reverse of all roles - usually even if there's a yandere character like the heroine the MC is "straight" and still interested in the men - but here they aren't so we've got potential for a new "route" of manga.

Double-page supporter
Honestly, the fact that the protag has lived two childhoods, one as a boy and one as a girl, and then got their memories from their past life back? there's potential there for Synthesis of two distinct selves into this new person, most stories like this don't acknowledge that just because you got your old memories back, doesn't mean the new ones just go away, and memories play a large part in who you are.

The fact that the protag doesn't feel dysphoric as a woman implies that either they were trans egg beforehand (probably unlikely from this writing) Or... that at least enough of who they were as Elena has stuck with them and is now part of who they are... perhaps still internally considering themselves male in some way is a relic of a sense of self that hasn't fully finished updating.

Or maybe it's not that deep sure and it's just "haha dudes can be in girlbod and just be duding" anime logic, but I do think it's interesting, it'd be neat if the writer decided to play around more within that space. "Wait, am I (watashi) actually yuri now???"

Users who are viewing this thread