Database and server crashes permanent fix :rejected:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know a way to permanently fix the Database errors, the server crashes and what happened today and yesterday, it's simple :
Disallow the upload of Korean and Chinese webtoons, especially Solo Levelling.
It might seem dumb and all but EVERY TIME a new Solo Levelling chapter is uploaded, the entire site crashes, it even led to one of the most catastophic crashes when chapter 138 was uploaded yesterday.
Not only the website was down for 10's of hours but some of us even managed to access other people's account for a few moments.
Mangadex is more and more instable because of the trillion Korean webtoon uploads and Chinese manwhas, and sometimes with their 7 (!!) chapter uploads at the same time, seriously, there's four (4) English uploads and an average of eight (8!!!!) English and other languages uploads of Solo Levelling dropping at the same time in a short time frame making the website shits itself EACH FUCKING TIME !
So the answer is simple, either limit or ban the upload of Korean/Chinese webtoons, it's GARANTEED to fix the constant crashes.
Or maybe even make a separate smaller website JUST for the Korean/Chinese webtoons so that when they upload their chapters, they don't take the entire website with them and break the users accounts each time.

Double-page supporter
Good suggestion, but

DsDLKFt.png

FEED THE SOLO LEVELING WITH MORE RESOURCES

It might not even change anything considering in the short time frame between the crash and Solo Levelling's upload, you had approximately 105 298 users reading it withing a VERY short time, and that's only 7 uploads because it's usually 8 to 9 uploads at the same time, and it's just Solo Levelling, imagine Solo + another webtoon uploading at the same time, the website might just crash again.
One day there'll surely be another popular webtoon or manwha with a similar release date and i can't imagine how they'll deal with it without constantly buying expensive servers.
Why not just separate them from Mangadex and making another smaller entity instead, it seems simpler and cheaper.

Double-page supporter
Why not just separate them from Mangadex and making another smaller entity instead, it seems simpler and cheaper.
Go for it. You can name it "ManhwaDex" for the extra irony of not having manhwa on it. Just like MangaDex being crashed by anything but manga.

Dex-chan lover
Solo leveling is not the problem. It's the magnitude of users on Mangadex. Solo has 14,218,820 views and 194,257 followers. Solo and everything else is the problem. We had at least 3 major sites go down in the last year. Mangadex absorbed all of it. Thing of it like Star trek "Return of the Archons." "You will be absorbed." If you analyzed the unique ID's of visitors Mangadex has quite a few. How many times do you visit in a day ? If it wasn't for MD@home, mangadex would have been 1 of 4 going down in the last year.

I GIVE KUDO'S FOR ALL THE EFFORT TO KEEP IT RUNNING AS WELL AS IT HAS. This is still a free of ADVERTS site. Two more majors go down. All bets are off.

Sure, but stating the obvious is not the solution, all recent crashes happens at the same time a Solo Levelling multi-uploads chapter is released, it's no longer a coincidence at this point.
Obviously MD need more servers to accept the users of other websites but at this rate the crashes will continue again and again and again because no one wants to adress the trillion uploads Webtoons/Manwhas problem.
And what about the user accounts leaks each time ?
This time again it didn't miss, even i personally accessed someone's else account because MD couldn't recognise my account anymore and sent me to another guy, the same happened to a lot of people and we even had access to their read list, let's just hope the emails won't leak next time.
I wish people would stop brushing off the Solo Levelling constant database errors/crashes problem each time it's mentioned.

Double-page supporter
And what about the user accounts leaks each time ? ... let's just hope the emails won't leak next time.
Only cached pages were "leaked."
I don't think MD admins are autistic enough to cache the settings page. These are usually build on request.

w88eLYe.png

Btw, use https://haveibeenpwned.com/ to check whether your super secret email was already leaked by some bank

i know there's one privacy problem is that some people checked the "sessions" in their profile and can see the locations (or at least the server locations for dynamic IP's) of the one who accessed their accounts.

Double-page supporter
You can't call BraveDude8 a dirty liar without any proof 😤

settings > Password and Security
vNaTf1q.png

FAEY4zI.png

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@Zeroisloco posted:

So the answer is simple, either limit or ban the upload of Korean/Chinese webtoons, it's GARANTEED to fix the constant crashes.
I'd rather limit or ban you. Stop freaking out over some minor downtime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread