Deadman Wonderland - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - מַלְכוּת צמאת-הדם

This is awesome, but is there more than ch8 anywhere?
I need something to read in Hebrew for practice...

Group Leader
@CashRoot
You can read the previous chapters I translated a long time ago...
We are making V2 so I'll upload them in the future, for now you can download them here -
https://www.mangashelf-il.com/%D7%A4%D7%A2%D7%99%D7%9C%D7%99%D7%9D

Thanks!

None of the Israeli shows on Netflix and Amazon are my taste.
בוקר טוב

(Well, season one of Schtiesel was good. Then in season two he seemed to be into his first his cousin and NOPE NOPE NOPE.
Jews did that for thousands of years and now I’m autistic, have Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, can’t eat more than a tiny bit of dairy in a day.
🧬!!!
And we have shows where this is supposed to be cute?! Oy.)

@CashRoot
U can search on google (though I dont believe u will get much results)
My opinion is go read some memes in hebrew, they are stupid as hell and the hebrew is more urban

@LuckaPow
tbh modern Hebrew is a gateway to biblical/medieval Hebrew.
I’m doing a lot of study because it’s fun for me.
If it wasn’t for all the mutations and my age I’d probably apply to the JTS.
Started going to shul last year and was SUPER into it immediately. Wish I’d done it sooner.

I’m a big nerd for Judaism. Cool language, too.

...but I’ll still look up memes because memes 😂

@CashRoot
First guy who says cool language, my friend calls it enchanting table language, and the grammer is so complicated like there are so many versions for one verb (tho for me it doesnt matter since its my native :) tho i still suck at this language). If u will ask me, non of the languages are cool, most of them are boring in a way and I dont see why ppl like learning new languages. as for me i dont really like all the history and jedaism thing but do whatever u like. and the biblical hebrew is just a big NO the grammer makes no sence compared to modern hebrew and its confusing, most words are hard to read and trying to understand it is harder then anything. Well since its hard i wish u the best

@LuckaPow
Yeah, but modern Hebrew is the closest Semitic language to biblical.
But yeah, Biblical Hebrew is a mess, and the Bible is a mess. No one actually knows what most of the Torah means. Bunch of books smashed together copy paste style. Spelling errors...

Beginner Hebrew teacher kept adding in modern and biblical stuff, claiming it’s the same language... no.
It’s like comparing Shakespeare’s Early Modern English to casual American English.
I’m a huge linguistics nerd (that’s the kind of person who likes learning languages. A nerd. I know a few languages a little, and am fluent in two. I used to read the dictionary for fun.) so I can understand Shakespeare, but I recited some to my wife to see if she understood and it was gibberish.
Even then there are words and sayings we don’t use anymore so I miss bits.

@CashRoot
Ye so basically the grammer is way different but i think it is possible to understand it, but there are words, oh boy, words u never heard and will never hear, bible teachers are just amazing, they can understand whats written in the bible which is +100000 better then my hebrew (i didnt multiply since my hebrew skills are 0 hehe)

@LuckaPow
Words only used once.
Words used in certain ways only once...
Sentence fragments. Weird repetition. (What is vayakel for? It’s just teruma but slightly more clear at some points! Some of tetsavah in there... the end of shemot is all over the place. )
No one truly understands it. Look at how large the Talmud is! It’s just a big message board of people arguing about stuff.
Then with the Bible specifically (the Talmud is oral traditions, for the most part) you have Rashi and Ramban and onkelos and on and on...

But I think that stuff is fun. Judaism is FUN if you’re a weird nerd 😂

Users who are viewing this thread