Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku - Vol. 5 Ch. 30 - Myths, Verification and the Aftermath of Battle

Dex-chan lover
@FrostBlood - yes, Satou totally did. With just one spell. He even got a title of "god-slayer" for that.
Since it was a surprise attack, it does not prove Satou is actually stronger than gods. But he probably is.
In the web version, they explain that Dragon God will respawn sometime later (maybe in 100 years), and thus it will not lead to any horrible metaphysical consequences.

Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
@FrostBlood - I've been rereading this manga recently, and for some reason, old chapters don't have much comments. I wonder if they get cleared up once in a while, or this happens only when chapters are re-uploaded.

Fed-Kun's army
TD;LR auto loot conditions are not mentioned even in passing during the storage limits explaination. is this explained later on?

um correct me if i am wrong but i thought satou didn't see all the stuff in the cradle nor mark the locations on the map but it still got put in his storage after cradle's destruction. so doesn't that contradict both the limitations of seeing the target or marking the location? same with the lizard army he destroyed in the beginning. he got all the loot yet didn't see it nor mark it beforehand. though both times auto loot activated i don't think auto loot conditions were ever explained.
Was it all enemies in the area have to be eliminated? if so, does the area have to be a specific area or have over a specific amount of enemies in it?
If clearing all enemies was the condition why didn't the auto loot activate after he cleared the labyrinth?
Can you take allies with you or do you have to clear it yourself?
If you CAN take allies with you is there a limit to how many you can take?
are their factors that determine what is or what isn't considered an ally? like slave or free citizen
Do you need to have killed the most monsters?
is this explained later on i don't know but i think it should have been at least worth mentioning in further detail. aside from "all monsters eliminated"

Double-page supporter
I don't plan on going the lolicon path.
The BL path seems more and more plausible.

@diidlydoo
Don't worry, the author clearly didn't set up a full game system in advance to later use as a basis for rules, rather it feels like mechanics become improvised as they become relevant. As such, if any of those things ever become relevant I'm sure we'll get a throwaway comment explaining it.

Now maybe I'm being autistic, but if I were to write a story set in a fantasy world with video game mechanics, I'd start by writing a cohesive design document which includes all skills and mechanics I could possibly think of. Improvising on the spot because I forgot something would be a last resort.

If you actually pay attention to all those skills he gains it's clear to anyone that most of them are just fluff with no regard for overlapping uses, the triggers to acquire them or pure and simple functionality. 90% of them will never see the light of day again after having been introduced.
I mean, just look at the "experiment" and "verification" skills from this chapter. How have they not been unlocked until now? What exactly improves when you gain more proficiency in any one of them?

Dex-chan lover
@diidlydoo - auto-looting works differently from normal uses of inventory. It works on strategy game ideology - when all the enemies in the region are defeated, MC takes over the region, and the region is auto-looted. At first glance, it means MC can bring armies as big as he wants and still have auto-looting work.
"regions" objectively exist in this setting and have magical significance. For example, MC's "all map exploration" opens up the map of exactly one region.
I think the labyrinth did not get auto-looted because dungeons have auto-respawning monsters, and by the time they defeated the scary demon, some insect in the depths of the dungeon has already respawned.

@Degernase , improvising rules on the spot seems quite popular with the writers overall, not just writers of game-like worlds. I mean, how many times have you heard about a whole new tier of powers appearing in a battle anime, complete with new characters MC can beat?

Double-page supporter
@ flannan
I mean, how many times have you heard about a whole new tier of powers appearing in a battle anime, complete with new characters MC can beat?
I think that's lame but also more easily excusable. It often happens when the work has become exceedingly popular and turned into something that literally prints money. Now originally the author maybe had a rough outline for how to end it after ~8 volumes or something, but with the popularity he'd be a fool to stop there and has to start making new shit up.

Some power ramping is expected in battle manga but you can tell when it's naturally built up or "Oh shit, uhm and then this alien guy came with 10 times the power of MC. Guess we're back to training and building up our strength for another volume or two."

Dex-chan lover
Uh... I would never put Pochi and Mia together on night watch, lol. Should be something like MC + Mia, Lulu + Arisa, Nana + Tama, Liza + Pochi (basically always have a proper 'adult' up, Arisa counts but not Mia). And when they wake up... the duo that was up was Liza + Mia, but why?

Dex-chan lover
All your questions have answers in the webnovel of it that's a lot more advanced in it's translation.
Also, it really annoys me how he haggles for everything, considering he's richer than bill gates.

Fed-Kun's army
I just understand one thing, i want to wipe mia's front body ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dex-chan lover
it's nice how realistically mia's sexual attention-seeking is written (and arisa's, to a degree). westerners aren't allowed to notice that behavior.

Dex-chan lover
All your questions have answers in the webnovel of it that's a lot more advanced in it's translation.
Also, it really annoys me how he haggles for everything, considering he's richer than bill gates.
He is supposed to be a merchant. So he haggles. That's what merchants do.

Users who are viewing this thread