Deathbound Duke's Daughter and the Seven Nobles - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Fed-Kun's army
I still can't get over
Brad's silhouette
in the game cover 😂 he looks like a clerk or office worker. Eristol's fanart of him is canon for me. Chloe looks wayyyyy feminine to me 😂

Contributor
Pacing seems awful. Infodump infodump infodump and not a single original idea to be shown.

Slow paced bullshit that drags on forever is one thing, but showing absolutely no patience for world building and setting the stage is still bad. You can't just get the first chapter out the way so you can do your own thing, you need to make the first chapter an actual introduction to the world.

Also: "There is a girl my age IN THAT COUNTRY" and nobody going "Hell yeah there are, it's a fucking country, what did you think, countries have five people?" although that may just be a botched translation.

Double-page supporter
Woah, the WN is great but the pacing of this chapter was horrible. Doesn't look like this will be a good adaption.

Dex-chan lover
@Hitomi_Higurashi

I figure the artist and publisher must have realized that if they don't show off the stuff she faces later in the novel, the adaptation will be dropped due to lack of interest in an ocean of reincarnation villianess mangas & webtoons..

@luminary yeah my mental image of Chloe always had rather short hair.

@Ghede I'd say that this the kind of story that kind of "tricks you" with it's initial genericness. I had initially ignores the novel cause the synopsis and first few chapters made it seem very derivative (and the writing can be a bit awkward in how it flows and the manga definitely made a mistake following the webnovel almost word for word instead of padding things out), but the story more or less abandons conventional Villainess story telling and goes all in to being its own thing.

Aggregator gang
The translation is decent but it could use better phrases for dialogue. Just seems kinda too straightforward

Dex-chan lover
People who never read the WN: great, another generic villainess manga

Me and the boys who read the WN: IT'S HEEEEEEERRRRRREEEEEE! THE MOST SHONEN BADASS VILLAINESS IS HEEEERRRREEEEEEEEE

That's right, folks. Take notes on the 'shonen' parts cause the ride will be fun. Do note that this is the girl whose title is "The Abyss Killer"

Apparently people love this story on novel updates. Need more chapters to bloom I guess.

Double-page supporter
ok so who is who in the silhouette?
the two major character must be klaus and auguste right? harold is pretty obvious, edward is the one with monocle, and actorius is the glasses in the back? then the other two? i do remember brad being a capture target but god i dont even remember his appearance descriptions....
or am i just blatantly shooting in the dark?

Double-page supporter
?
??
???
Ha??
The heroine dies before the villainess in the game's original script?
Nani

(Or is it just a support different character
Can't be sure here)

I am not sure if I even got one thing right...
A bit confusing

Dex-chan lover
the pacing feels a bit off, but i'm happy Erica is getting a manga adaptation. i should read the ln version to see what changed.

The story is generic but the cover is very appealing. Might have to wait for a while before something unique appears.

@zz2000
Oh thanks for the info. I didn't know The Realist Hero only continued because of the english volume's success.
I've been reading that one since the first volume of got published in English. That's alright more encouraging. I really want more of the LN. Need those pictures :)
I wanna see the Abyss killer side story too LOL

the art style to familiar i thought i alraedy read this shit. Very stark difference between the novel art

Yep, the Harry Potter vibe is strong in this series, but with a dense Hermione as a heroine's.
Imo the series is far better adapted into an anime with how today's generation lack of patience and seems allergic to disposition and info dumping.
Hopefully the work gets more exposure it needed and the LN continues, it's been like 2 years since the release of vol 2 ?

Fed-Kun's army
@exxp that was a mistranslation, but it should have been fixed. so yeah, the game is more like a fantasy-mystery and not your typical otome game. in every route, erica is a canon fodder destined to be the first one to die as a sign that the mysterious incident particular to each route has began.

THE MANGA IS OUT BUT WHY THE NOVEL IS STUCK IN CHAPTER 160 I NEED TO KNO THE STOREEEE 😭 AUTHOR PLEASE UPDATE DON'T YOU DARE DROP THIS NOVEL 😭😭😭

Dex-chan lover
I imagined it darker. When I read the novel, the prequel was dark and what happened to MC in her previous life was more tragic. But it's okay, Ann and Klaus look cuter than what I had in my mind 😍

Users who are viewing this thread