Desert 9 - Vol. 3 Ch. 9 - The Deep Blue Treasure Amid the Beating Sun

Group Leader
While working on a new series that shares many similarities with this I got kind of bummed out that people never had the chance to see how Desert 9 ended before the ax dropped and figured since most of the work on this chapter was already done long ago, I could at least upload it.

This is an extremely dense manga, in the sense that it takes a ton of work to turn the untranslated pages into the finished product. So I've been avoiding coming back to put out more chapters for this for a VERY long time. That and just how sad it makes me that this ended before the author wanted it to. But if enough people would like to see the remaining 7 chapters translated I could try to get the rest finished at some point down the road.

Dex-chan lover
Haven't seen this in a long time.
Sad this got axed, but it looks like the author has made another series. Hope that one is just as interesting.
Thanks for the TL.

Edit: Looks like they're just the artist for that other one.

Banned
@everyone pls read this so they scanlate the rest of it. such a good series too. sadly the publisher must have gotten impatient with the rating even tho it so good

Dex-chan lover
While working on a new series that shares many similarities with this I got kind of bummed out that people never had the chance to see how Desert 9 ended before the ax dropped and figured since most of the work on this chapter was already done long ago, I could at least upload it.

This is an extremely dense manga, in the sense that it takes a ton of work to turn the untranslated pages into the finished product. So I've been avoiding coming back to put out more chapters for this for a VERY long time. That and just how sad it makes me that this ended before the author wanted it to. But if enough people would like to see the remaining 7 chapters translated I could try to get the rest finished at some point down the road.
Thanks, really appreciate the possibility of seeing this to the end.

Though, tbf, in part because I’m curious as to why this series got axed and I’m hoping to see what happened in the last few chapters that may have caused this (if any) and how the author decided to wrap this up. My guess is the axe probably came down at the end of volume 3 or ch. 13-14, and it must have been quite painful for the author.

Fed-Kun's army
Its a bummer hearing this series got the axe, its rare to find such neat world building.
If you continue TL I'd love to see where the story goes until it's end, and of course; thanks for the translation.

Users who are viewing this thread