Designated Bully - Vol. 2 Ch. 110

Group Leader
This marks the end of season 2! Many questions I had from season 1 have been answered, but many still have not been touched upon. (See my previous summary here).

It's clear that Daegun has been toying with all the bullies this whole time. I saw many people expecting Baek Soohyuk to be able to Hard-Diff him 😂. C'mon guys... it's Daegun we're talking about.

Current Developments

• The Designated Bully Program is technically finished. The Chairman isn't happy about how it ended but Director Siam is
  • Geumryong Highschool broke the pact and other schools are threatening the consequences.
  • The underground groups (the CEO, the Loan Shark, MUD club, etc.) could potentially be targetting Daegun now

New Answers

Director Siam (the hot lady with the glasses who hired Daegun from the convenience store) and the Chairman Geumryong High are NOT entirely working together. The Chairman is involved in a lot of underground operations. Meanwhile Director Siam has been sabotaging whatever ulterior motives the Chairman might have had for the Designated Bully Program, to the extent of letting Daegun in on a little more than originally intended. (But that's probably because she was spying on Daegun and realized he is already connected to the underground stuff somehow!) In the end, Director Siam ensured the completion of the Designated Bully Project without incident, and is helping Daegun wrap up affairs.

I previously thought Daegun would walk away from his past like he did when he met Park Heejun (his old friend). Daegun heading to university arc is going to be put on hold... His past follows him and he is now slowly accepting what he once was. It's not entirely clear what it means for the Chairman to lose Daegun, and for the Loan Shark to lose Baek Soohyuk.

New Reveals

We learned more about Daegun and his past. Daegun is a kind soul who wants to avoid violence. Or so it seems on the surface... Park Heejun knows about the violent monster in Daegun all along. We've seen his rise to top, but not what made Daegun the way he is (other than Chapter 1/prologue). Daegun made subordinates along the way, and they'll be making a return in the present day's story.

Park Heejun is heavily connected into a pharmeceutical ring invested on turining Immersion into a passable drug. He's more than just a drug lord. With the loss of Baek Soohyuk, he is more fired up to complete this operation.

What's Next

What exactly is Daegun trying to tell Park Heejun? What does Park Heejun hope to acheive with fully evolved MUD drug? When Daegun was brought into the Desginated Bully program, Director Siam threatened that he should "atone for his mistakes". What does Daegun regret that he is not reluctantly turning towards once again?

The Geumryong Highschool arc is over. I think we'll be moving away from it or it'll be less of a focus for now. Unlike Season 1, Season 2 closed a lot of avenues for the plot to go, so there'll probably be a lot more exposition in Season 3. The delinquent school brawler tone of this mahnwa will most likely change.

I'm confident one thing will remain the same... we will be back to our regularly scheduled SMASHING in Season 3. Considering the last scene with Park Heejun, and his disappointment with the results of the more potent MUD drugs, it's pretty clear that those with Immersion are on a completely different level. It's safe to say that in the upcoming fights, Daegun will No-Diff his opponents unless they have Immersion.

Unresolved Plot Lines

#1 Seo Jiyin: This character got ghosted this season. She was the Chekov's gun of the story in the earlier parts of Season 1... except that gun was never fired. Seo Jiyin was the girl in Class 1-9 who hated bullies. She mentioned she had a brother who was in the hospital due to bullies, and especially disliked Daegun. Seo Jiyin also recognized Director Siam and questioned why she is involved in the school. Ever since, she has been snooping around the school... doing stuff. Kim Minsoo described Seo Jiyin as a "disguised admission" implying she is a plant in the school. (Kim Minsoo is Director Siam's assistant/spy who acted as a nerd to watch Daegun closesly). Planted by who? I suspect Seo Jiyin is aware of the underground activities and that both Seo Jiyin and Director Siam are more important than we think.

#2 Lee Seunghoon: The Boss of Class 1-9 (the well behaved class). Lee Seunghoon's plotline was barely touched upon. He seemed to be a lot more powerful than the other bullies. This snakey character wanted Baek Soohyuk to fight Daegun so badly. And when it finally happened he was nowhere to be seen. What is Lee Seunghoon's goal? Is he out to harm Daegun?

1722971453876.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread