Detective Conan - Ch. 1117 - Mystery of The Chastisement Room

Dex-chan lover
so the head priest is the criminal, and the statues are somehow used to smuggle drugs or something and the researcher and dead monk realised so he killed them to hide it

I would use GPS on the photo to get the location.

It's interesting how much technology has moved on since the start of the manga in the 90s when the detective boys badges were state of the art because they were able to communicate to each other and use trackers.

Fed-Kun's army
So the culprit is most likely the old man, probly switched the real statue with a fake and sold it.

My guess it's kentetsu. He's the one who brings up the ghost story and kick the water bucket... Adn kinda drawn with villain face feature. Kinda sus.

I would use GPS on the photo to get the location.

It's interesting how much technology has moved on since the start of the manga in the 90s when the detective boys badges were state of the art because they were able to communicate to each other and use trackers.
And it will only just pointed to the temple. Not a specific room, moreover a hidden one. 😑

I’m going to guess that bucket kicker (I can’t remember his name) is selling the buddha statues. He kicked the bucket of water to wash away the fire ball residue. The Buddha expert was killed because he knew the Buddha was fake. The dead Monk must have figured out the murder, so he was silenced. Just a theory, looking forward to seeing if it’s anything like the conclusion.

And it will only just pointed to the temple. Not a specific room, moreover a hidden one. 😑

It would tell them he is in the temple at least and has not been taken elsewhere and it would narrow down the search area considerably within the temple complex. Maybe the internet is wrong or there are "ifs" and "buts" to it but the general consensus seems to be a GPS should be around a 3-8m radius in area and height. That's roughly about the size of a large drawing room with a master bedroom and loft above at most and from that you can rule out spaces where there can't be a hidden room, like in the middle of another room so you have an even smaller area to search.

I don't know if they will actually use that method though. As it's a detective story they could just as easily have Conan seeing some rare moss or something in the photo, being able to locate it just from that, then claiming to have seen something on tv about moss.

Well if you want to pry the technicality of gps, so be it. You said that you want to use the photo, at least for the current general tech, it's impossible for at least civilian, I guess. The photo need to be geotag if you want use gps, else it's just tracking an ip even if you manage to trace. Signal and ip are 2 different things. Sure it connected, but it's more of a hassle to hack it with only ordinary android. As the story goes so far, even conan is not really an I.T expert, and prof agasa hasnt give him anything.

Unless you could explain how one could easily tracked a send photo location via android, I still think it was really a useless dumb idea to suggest at least for this case, which happened in mid of mountain with so many variables that could hindered a signal that could be access easily by civilians.

Users who are viewing this thread