Detective Conan - Vol. 105 Ch. 1122 - The Detective

Dex-chan lover
We are in smartphone era huh

ns80RdN.png

Yep Conan that was close... And now they know your bowtie's got mics and that you're lying more than you should to others... Not mentioning that Saguru Hakuba is probably Hawk Elder Ooka's grandson to my opinion, Momiji's cousin then, and he could give precious hints about Conan and Kudo to his grampa... Now next case, Mary and Rachel counterattacking together against Rum? 😂

Did no one question why even though they pulled his face kid still looked like Shinichi? I love how purposefully obtuse they are about it. Thank you so much for the translation and the work put into it!
It's funny how Shinichi and Kid look like each other... Do they hail from the same family in the end? 🤔

Dex-chan lover
We are in smartphone era huh

ns80RdN.png
Bro this isn't like Hajime no Ippo where the author only decided to change the setting of the manga from hyper-consistent to "suddenly modern" last month. Detective Conan has literally ALWAYS been a story that updated the setting to "the present". They've had smartphones in this series for a fucking decade now. They also have multiple repeat holidays even though canonically less than a year of time has actually passed in-universe. Aoyama has N E V E R cared about when his series is set. You're complaining about nothing.

Anyway I too noticed it was the wrong cheek so I'm glad Ran called it out.

Edit: here are a bunch of wiki editors discussing the phones seen in Detective Conan as early as 2012, about smartphones that appeared even earlier. https://www.detectiveconanworld.com/forum/topic/4067-phones-in-detective-conan/ The black organization had smartphones by at least 2011.

The setting of Conan has always been and always will be "the present". If this is the first time you've noticed a smartphone in this series, you're just plain blind.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Oh come on if Kid can escape just like that then he would've popped the smoke right when Conan showed up and vanished. Yeah everyone would think he did it at first but he can trust the two detectives will still have nab the right guy.

Instead we have to accept that two more people are confirmed knowing Shinichi's identity while the rest of the cast remain conviently obtuse by willing to accept the ridiculous notion that Conan made a deal with Kid on the spot then called Shinichi who then remotely solved the case while phoning Conan as he speaks for disguised Kid.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Bro this isn't like Hajime no Ippo where the author only decided to change the setting of the manga from hyper-consistent to "suddenly modern" last month. Detective Conan has literally ALWAYS been a story that updated the setting to "the present". They've had smartphones in this series for a fucking decade now. They also have multiple repeat holidays even though canonically less than a year of time has actually passed in-universe. Aoyama has N E V E R cared about when his series is set. You're complaining about nothing.

Edit: here are a bunch of wiki editors discussing the phones seen in Detective Conan as early as 2012, about smartphones that appeared even earlier. https://www.detectiveconanworld.com/forum/topic/4067-phones-in-detective-conan/ The black organization had smartphones by at least 2011.

The setting of Conan has always been and always will be "the present". If this is the first time you've noticed a smartphone in this series, you're just plain blind.
It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries The Emperor has sat immobile on the Golden Throne of Earth. He is the Master of Mankind by the will of the gods, and master of a million worlds by the might of his inexhaustible armies. He is a rotting carcass writhing invisibly with power from the Dark Age of Technology. He is the Carrion Lord of the Imperium for whom a thousand souls are sacrificed every day, so that he may never truly die.

Yet even in his deathless state, the Emperor continues his eternal vigilance. Mighty battlefleets cross the daemon-infested miasma of the Warp, the only route between distant stars, their way lit by the Astronomican, the psychic manifestation of the Emperor's will. Vast armies give battle in his name on uncounted worlds. Greatest amongst his soldiers are the Adeptus Astartes, the Space Marines, bio-engineered super-warriors. Their comrades in arms are legion: the Imperial Guard and countless planetary defence forces, the ever vigilant Inquisition and the tech-priests of the Adeptus Mechanicus to name only a few. But for all their multitudes, they are barely enough to hold off the ever-present threat from aliens, heretics, mutants - and worse.

To be a man in such times is to be one amongst untold billions. It is to live in the cruelest and most bloody regime imaginable. These are the tales of those times. Forget the power of technology and science, for so much has been forgotten, never to be re-learned. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim dark future there is only one truth: Conan is still a first grader.

Dex-chan lover
no one questions the need of the game of phone there? like, Shinichi could just talk to kid directly instead of whatever they did lol

Dex-chan lover
I wanted to say Hakuba very obviously figured it out but is respecting the secret, but... wouldn't he want to then figure out how and why Shinichi is suddenly a kid? After all, to quote his own words, "If there's a mystery to be solved, you can't help but solve it." And a high schooler suddenly de-aging into a child would be a VERY BIG mystery, and would mean he'd become at least somewhat intertwined into the overall plot.

Aggregator gang

They lived in simulation

I wanted to say Hakuba very obviously figured it out but is respecting the secret, but... wouldn't he want to then figure out how and why Shinichi is suddenly a kid? After all, to quote his own words, "If there's a mystery to be solved, you can't help but solve it." And a high schooler suddenly de-aging into a child would be a VERY BIG mystery, and would mean he'd become at least somewhat intertwined into the overall plot.

Despite being one of the OP young detectives of the Conan-verse I wonder if Hakuba has even considered that as a possibility (yet). I mean, after 25 years+ of DC it's easy for readers to forget how "out there" it would seem to a person with no knowledge of the drug even existing, that a high school student detective had taken it and gone to live with his girlfriend and her dad while evading one of the world's most powerful criminal organisations. Logically he would have used some of his parents cash to hide out somewhere safe, away from friends and family members, even if he was still investigating the Black Organisation, so that's another reason it might not occur to Hakuba. It's not unreasonable for Hakuba to just assume that Conan has been in contact with Shinichi via a phone or something that he hasn't seen, even with Kid impersonating Shinchi, Yamuna has no reason to suspect any different yet. I bet he's totally worked out Conan is the brains behind Ran's dad's deductions though, after seeing Conan's microphone trick and Kid bragging about how he wouldn't need to be asleep.

Despite being one of the OP young detectives of the Conan-verse I wonder if Hakuba has even considered that as a possibility (yet). I mean, after 25 years+ of DC it's easy for readers to forget how "out there" it would seem to a person with no knowledge of the drug even existing, that a high school student detective had taken it and gone to live with his girlfriend and her dad while evading one of the world's most powerful criminal organisations. Logically he would have used some of his parents cash to hide out somewhere safe, away from friends and family members, even if he was still investigating the Black Organisation, so that's another reason it might not occur to Hakuba. It's not unreasonable for Hakuba to just assume that Conan has been in contact with Shinichi via a phone or something that he hasn't seen, even with Kid impersonating Shinchi, Yamuna has no reason to suspect any different yet. I bet he's totally worked out Conan is the brains behind Ran's dad's deductions though, after seeing Conan's microphone trick and Kid bragging about how he wouldn't need to be asleep.
I agree! Even though Hakuba is a very intelligent detective and has probably figured out that Conan is the brains behind the great detective, it seems unlikely that, unless he has had contact with the BO (like Akai), knows about the possibility of and adult turning into a child(like Vermouth), or has had enough contact with Conan and Shinichi (like Heiji), it would be a little bit of a jump to the conclusion that they are the same person. It is a DC universe so normal logic doesn’t really apply but if he does know then he’s probably going to show up again and we’ll get a little more info.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread