Detective Conan - Vol. 87 Ch. 920 - Selfie

I love Detective Conan but this was such a dumb case. Why would a killer set up a locked room and not make it look like a suicide or an accident? That's the whole reason for having a locked room.
Also, do selfie sticks have enough blunt force to kill someone? I doubt it

@7777ale7777
I suppose Saya's intention was to pin the crime on Sakurako Yonehara, since the victim made it very clear that she would only open the room for her.

@Max1996
Fair enough. That still doesn't explain why the killer (or fall guy) would then take the trouble of MacGyvering their way out of the room after offing someone from behind. If a detective sees this scene (that is obviously a murder) they wouldn't care why or how the killer locked the room, they just need the evidence that one person killed the other. A good story would for example made it look like a suicide, so then the killer could had said in their deffence "I didn't killed anybody, this is clearly a suicide because the room could have only been locked from the inside, and only the victim was there", in this situation the locked room has a purpose for the killer. What I guess happened in this case is that Aoyama or his committee of writers thought "locked rooms are neat" so they just crammed one into the story.

Users who are viewing this thread