Detective Xeno and the Seven Locked Murder Rooms - Vol. 8 Ch. 78 - The Last Locked Room 6

Group Leader
OK I don't really get it.wtf is happening with the presidents son? And what's his motivation?.And the 2 sisters r in pain so someone is lying, what is the lies in this chapter?

Supporter
OK I don't really get it.wtf is happening with the presidents son? And what's his motivation?.And the 2 sisters r in pain so someone is lying, what is the lies in this chapter?
Not sure where your problems regarding the first two questions lie, I think it was explained quite well over the last chapters.
Rather by "the president's son" do you mean Licht (the original) or Kinou (the one he was copied into)?

His motivation for one is (obviously) revenge for everything the guy had done to everyone, from killing Licht, over the orphans killed to Tomohiro/Xeno and Kinou, however the girls being in pain also shows that the Licht part of him enjoys killing. His denial of this, due to his split personality, was the main lie that hurt them. This is made clear by the older one starting to shake in pain when he states "I'm not like that".

Double-page supporter
A lot of what Licht/Kinou has been saying is lies, because he is no longer just Licht or just Kinou, he is (like Kai Shichirou said) a third person with both of their memories. So think of it like a split personality, sort of. The Kinou part of him doesn't want to kill anyone, he's angry and hurting and traumatized. But Licht, Licht was a serial killer, he found pleasure in murder. The conflicting selves is contradictory enough that Sora and Umi are suffering, because this hybrid of Licht and Kinou is both of them. So sure Kinou doesn't find pleasure in murder, but he is not just Kinou, so by saying he doesn't, he is lying, because the Licht part of him does.

Users who are viewing this thread