don't show other languages updates

I like to see the latest updates on a particular tag in advanced research.

dOY6HE2.png

But the results also show mangas that were updated in another languages, and so every time I click on it I'm disappointed because there's no update in my language and then I have to check every titles to find a real update.

So yeah, it'd be nice if somehow we could add a filter for this.

Upvote 4
I think there could be at least two solutions:
1) Use a filter in the updates section that only shows chapter regarding the languages I'm only interested (in my case, English and Italian). I think it should not be that impossible (don't know if the update list is cached in my browser or only viewable from the server). However this solution doesn't resolve the problem completely because there could be mangas where I want a certain language rather than having both of them
2) At the moment of the notify, indicating, based on the language the manga has been translated, the national flag I want to be updated. This kind of update is way more selective and precise, however I think sending the "update" and checking all possible cases could be too infeasible computationally speaking. So a solution could be sending the update however it's like having a some sort of firewall policy and discard at the arrival so it is ignored for people who selected only the languages. Another solution could be creating a sort of specific notify which is maybe less network payload but more checks in the notifying system.
I hope developers can reach us and tell us the real truth!

Contributor
I like to see the latest updates on a particular tag in advanced research.

But the results also show mangas that were updated in another languages, and so every time I click on it I'm disappointed because there's no update in my language and then I have to check every titles to find a real update.

So yeah, it'd be nice if somehow we could add a filter for this.
Might happen in the future but for sure will not happen any time soon

https://forums.mangadex.org/threads...-the-sort-more-accurate.1199758/post-17218213

Users who are viewing this thread