Dou ka Ore wo Houtte Oitekure - Vol. 3 Ch. 12 - I Want You to Stop Imposing These Normie Values of Yours onto Me, Alright?

Dex-chan lover
This things is becoming impossible to read. He's dense and a moron.

Plus all the loner stuff is getting out of hand. The entire chapter saying how he decided to be a loner and wants to be a loner. It's so fucking cringe. I think he must have said he's a loner 50 times in one chapter?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
So let him die again, and again, and again. That would have made this series more understandable. He dies until he makes a real friend. Then dies permanently one more time after that.

Otherwise this is just an ode to being lonely - wearing it like some kind of badge. Silliness.

Supporter

Plus all the loner stuff is getting out of hand. Then entire chapter saying how he decided to be a loner and wants to be a loner. It's so fucking cringe. I think he must have said he's a loner 50 times in one chapter?
It's so weird to see someone written as being so....aggressive? in an ideal like this. It feels so unrealistic to think someone would be this adamant in their thought process towards being alone.

Dex-chan lover
It's so weird to see someone written as being so....aggressive? in an ideal like this. It feels so unrealistic to think someone would be this adamant in their thought process towards being alone.
I don't know about that.
I mean, it is a manga, it is definitely exagerated, but I do not think it is impossible to identify yourself so much in a label that you actively try to enbody it. Even if it is harmful.
After all, a true loner is fine by himself. So if he is a loner he does not get hurt when he has no friend in the class. That makes it better to be a loner.

Dex-chan lover
I don't know about that.
I mean, it is a manga, it is definitely exagerated, but I do not think it is impossible to identify yourself so much in a label that you actively try to enbody it. Even if it is harmful.
After all, a true loner is fine by himself. So if he is a loner he does not get hurt when he has no friend in the class. That makes it better to be a loner.
Agreed, one very well can get used to being lonely, to the point where the very concept of rejoining social life seems like an unnessecary thing, as "you get along alone just fine".
As someone who used to be in that mindspace for a long time and somewhat still is, I certainly can comprehend the MC's thought process. Her trying to change his status as a loner can come off as someone trying to fix you when nothing is broken from that perspective.
It certainly is not a healthy state of mind, but still one that one can feel comfortable in.

Dex-chan lover
He outlined it pretty well in the chapter. She saw him not having friends as something of a "loss" that his life was lesser than hers in a way because he wasn't living it like how she lives hers. Whereas he's totally fine with not doing that because he's just as satisfied. This doesn't mean he can't form connections(cause obv that's what he's doing with her) but that's probably the extent of it aside from potentially one or two more.

Also she should tell him she likes her because duh

Dex-chan lover

Plus all the loner stuff is getting out of hand. Then entire chapter saying how he decided to be a loner and wants to be a loner. It's so fucking cringe. I think he must have said he's a loner 50 times in one chapter?

You have to understand that there are many kind of people in the world. Living a solitary life is actually a thing in Japan. Some people actually do actively strive for that.

He's like a more mature version of my past self. While it is unhealthy, being a loner is still my mantra as I'm approaching my 30-ies. I just don't care for socializing because I often find other people to be a pain with their drama that I just don't care about. And no, I don't have autism or something like that lol

They both know why their current relationship is the way it is now. He's not dense for not realizing her feelings for him. Having a girl show attention to you after you both time-traveled seems to make sense, you know? Especially since you saved the girl's life.

Not every male-female relationship has to be a romantic one either, you know? It's not like some random girl just suddenly glued herself to you obviously trying to get with you. In this sense, the gal seems more into the male MC than the time-traveling girl.

Not trying to dis anyone here, but sometimes it feels like people don't even try to understand what they're reading.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Its kinda her fault for not setting things clear, from his pov it's understandable he thinks she just feels pity and guilt, but she wants genuine connection with him, from his mindset he is fine with her or without her he gains nothing, or at least tell him you want to be genuine friends and at least try, then if he doesnt want to give up, there is no need for you to strain yourself with that, BUT YOU DIDNT EVEN TRY, yeah you are meething in a cafe but whats the point if its just a routine for him if he thinks its all because pity and guilt, there is no point, I would blame the dence mc but excuse it's pretty reasonable and he is a mc of a romcom so its a double whammy

Dex-chan lover

He's in denial about what he wants. He says he's happy with the way things are because if he wasn't he'd feel bad. He's a lot like Hachiman. Though I agree the point has been hammered on too much. It's about time he starts to change.

Dex-chan lover
So he basically shut her down hard there. I really feel bad for her. With how hard she is fighting to have a relationship with him I think there is more to her feelings than simply being saved by him.

After this I don't know what she can do. As the old saying goes, "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink."

On the other hand, if she told him that he is important to her and she wants to be friends because she values him. He might change his mind. But maybe not. Honestly I don't see a way the characters can get out of this corner as nothing seems to get through to him or affect him.

Double-page supporter
It's kind of funny how even this forum is harsh on the loner. They might be speaking with good intentions, but wouldn't it be more interesting to watch when he gets a clue instead of forcing the two together when they're not ready? Yeah, it might be a long while of awkwardness, but the characters aren't even close to Nisekoi levels of obstruction

Users who are viewing this thread