Dou ka Ore wo Houtte Oitekure - Vol. 3 Ch. 12 - I Want You to Stop Imposing These Normie Values of Yours onto Me, Alright?

Supporter
And reverts all the growth MC was having nice, literally chaps before this have more progress and better writing while this one was hot garbage

Dex-chan lover
bro just doesn’t really care too much about making friends idk why it’s a problem.
I know right.
People in these comments are like those who see an introvert enjoying his time alone, and immediately jump to "Oh, this person is clearly depressed/unhappy, let's pull them to our extrovert lifestyle!".

It's annoying lol.

Dex-chan lover
It's so weird to see someone written as being so....aggressive? in an ideal like this. It feels so unrealistic to think someone would be this adamant in their thought process towards being alone.
The dude's whole thing is he used to be socially optimistic and tried really hard but eventually gave up and accepted his place in his social life, and that he's deeply embarrassed about the time when he actually tried. The wall he's putting up is a defense mechanism so he doesn't ever "get the wrong idea" and assume someone just likes him with no ulterior motives. Can't be rejected or shunned if you never try right? He's just (currently) incapable of fathoming a scenario in which someone wants to be with him. Someone has to come along and shatter the bubble or he'll never be confident enough to be active socially anymore.

Although maybe the latter part is just me projecting, hard, because that's literally just describing how I approach relationships.

Dex-chan lover
Because she's a badly written character.
So is he, like dude just keep repeating loner and lone wolf. Like dude, that's nothing to be proud of and nothing to be put on a pedestal. Any human strives for companionship, it's our nature as social creatures.

I'm a loner myself and I want to kick this dumbass's ass. Nobody strives to be a loner on their own will.

Dex-chan lover
Did he ever think that maybe, just maybe, she sees their relationship as being on equal footing and might want to progress their relationship forward beyond just acquaintances?

Dex-chan lover

The dude's whole thing is he used to be socially optimistic and tried really hard but eventually gave up and accepted his place in his social life, and that he's deeply embarrassed about the time when he actually tried. The wall he's putting up is a defense mechanism so he doesn't ever "get the wrong idea" and assume someone just likes him with no ulterior motives. Can't be rejected or shunned if you never try right? He's just (currently) incapable of fathoming a scenario in which someone wants to be with him. Someone has to come along and shatter the bubble or he'll never be confident enough to be active socially anymore.

Although maybe the latter part is just me projecting, hard, because that's literally just describing how I approach relationships.
I think you pretty much got his character down perfectly. Idk if a lot of people here need to reread the beginning but this mentality/lifestyle is pretty much all he thinks he has going for him even if it negative. He's even bad at the only thing he's passionate about, so he's huffing mad copium with this chance of going back and doubling down on being a loner because it looks like it's by choice this time.

Supporter
Now, I'm willing to be mistaken here, but I at least have an inkling of suspicion consistently thinking inside and speaking out loud to others "I'm a loner and being alone is just how loners are alone" for hours and days at a time?

As a form of entertainment (and intentionally escapist) media, there's a scale you want to be careful with between the "He's me, fr, fr" and the "Oh...He really is me..." Though I should say tangentially, it's very concerning that still a wide variety of stories / genres have their introduction based around "working for a black company."

Supporter
So is he, like dude just keep repeating loner and lone wolf. Like dude, that's nothing to be proud of and nothing to be put on a pedestal. Any human strives for companionship, it's our nature as social creatures.

I'm a loner myself and I want to kick this dumbass's ass. Nobody strives to be a loner on their own will.
I'm worried for the story's direction / publication fate with two main characters portrayed like them.

Dex-chan lover
I feel alot of people are forgetting something important, FMCs actions. Shes belittled, teased, interfered with his life and treated him at almost trash levels, why would he look at her romantically?

MC's loner path IS an unhealthy coping mechanism but she's going about this the totally wrong way. Like when MC was sad it wasnt a confession behind the school, it shows mentally hes subconsciously fine with breaking the status quo.

Also the whole group thing is stupid cause did they all forget MC turned himself into a stalkery villain in the classes eyes to save blondeys reputation and friendhoods. If he tried to join or forced to join her group it'd only fan those rumors again.

Ultimately the FMC is mostly serving her own purposes here cause she sees his life as poor even when he doesn't. Also theres the clear tsundere she wants to be with him although we haven't seen any reason outside he died to save her but treats him poorly and is suprised he doesn't see her that way.

Dex-chan lover
  • Nanamura hammers down the fact that he's satisfied with his loner status, and tries to put boundaries
  • Hanamitsuji being indirect with her intention, and acting (imo) in a roundabout manner

And you think Nanamura is at fault here?

Supporter
Well, He did those "are you having a crush on me?" several times and she shut it down perfectly(no blush gig or slutter like your usual romcom) everytime. so he cut out the possiblity that she has romantic feeling for him and what's left? the guy who never interacted with you somehow save your life and miraclely bought back to life? guity&pity. she did it on herself if she really has feeling for him.

but I think she has some connection with him in past timeline since she knows his name and go as far as praying for 3 years. I just gonna wait for reveal.

Also, I think MC is fine. He doesn't outright cut off anyone. he simply doesn't found anyone in same wavelenght in his class(no otaku friend,no LN friend) so he just prefer being loner. but we see he keep mentioned about it cuz the main girl keep pestering him.

btw, I also think MC cope after failing his attempt in the past but his current mindset isn't that wrong. if your interest is not the same in your current group(in his case, class), why bother to change yourself?
what he need to change tho? seek new inspiration/material for his novel(his dream) because he should know what he's writing rn is suck but I guess he gonna get it eventually from the girl he interacted with in this timeline... probably?

Dex-chan lover

I think your analysis is spot on. He embraced the pain and acts like he is proud of it to protect himself. Being a loner is hard, especially in a collectivist society like Japan.

The problem is he is too much of a loner. He has no interest in changing or interacting with anyone. In nearly every chapter he goes on and on about how alone he is and he is happy that way. If he was alone but had some sort of inclination to act for some reason or some person then things would be different and we could have a story. However as he is now there really can't be a story.

Dex-chan lover
Well, He did those "are you having a crush on me?" several times and she shut it down perfectly(no blush gig or slutter like your usual romcom) everytime. so he cut out the possiblity that she has romantic feeling for him and what's left? the guy who never interacted with you somehow save your life and miraclely bought back to life? guity&pity. she did it on herself if she really has feeling for him.

but I think she has some connection with him in past timeline since she knows his name and go as far as praying for 3 years. I just gonna wait for reveal.

Also, I think MC is fine. He doesn't outright cut off anyone. he simply doesn't found anyone in same wavelenght in his class(no otaku friend,no LN friend) so he just prefer being loner. but we see he keep mentioned about it cuz the main girl keep pestering him.

btw, I also think MC cope after failing his attempt in the past but his current mindset isn't that wrong. if your interest is not the same in your current group(in his case, class), why bother to change yourself?
what he need to change tho? seek new inspiration/material for his novel(his dream) because he should know what he's writing rn is suck but I guess he gonna get it eventually from the girl he interacted with in this timeline... probably?
She cut him off because she knows it would acomplish nothing by saying yes she has a crush on him. There have been enough hints that she wants to have a relationship with him. The weekly meetings at the diner were the best she could get him to agree to. Now she is working on getting him to open up and to like being with people so she can hopefully have a relationship with him in the future.

Dex-chan lover
Why do you people keep saying stuffs like he is the bad guy here? He made it clear in the first chapter that he wants to be alone, it's the girl that keep pestering him, so how is he in the wrong here?

He want to be alone and he told the girl that, but she refused to do that and keep pestering him till he got so annoyed that he snapped and then you guys coming in and blame him?

Ps: I don't give a damn if she has good intention, she is forcing what she wants onto other people then get upset when they don't want to follow the idea that she has forced onto them. And then you guys coming in blaming the guy for getting annoyed.

Users who are viewing this thread