Double Your Pleasure – A Twin Yuri Anthology - Ch. 8 - Twin Gravitation

Dex-chan lover
That star mass explanation makes zero sense, unless the stars are right next to each other they're gonna stay in stable orbit through the lifetime of the stars of the binary system, same mass or different mass, excluding interference from outside...

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
@Chizan
Unless one of the stars slows down, they wouldn't collide, right? It would only be that the oribiting star would have a very excentric orbit, IIRC, don't take this as a fact tho, it's been years since i've taken an interest for astronomy.

Dex-chan lover
@Richman

Right off the bat, I can only think of a few reasons binary stars could collide; they're so close tidal effects drain the orbit(however if one star is draining the other's envelope there's a high change the drained star may instead get to a higher orbit(smaller mass same kinetic energy equals up) or at least counteract the decay), there's enough gas floating or the other star has an extended envelope which causes the orbit to decay through friction, the orbit decays through gravitational waves(though that is more of an issue for heavy things like black holes), some outside mass like a third star disturbs the system(not easily, an orbit takes a lot of energy to change up or down, especially for a big thing like a star, much more likely the star may be flung out of the system...)

Though, I haven't dabbled in astronomy at all aside from picking tidbits from here and there, so take those suggestions with a grain of salt...

Dex-chan lover
Binary star systems are almost always stable. If they weren't stable they wouldn't be so common (more than half of the stars larger than the sun).
And there's no "difference in gravitational pull"; it's the same on each by Newton's third law.

Sexy AND educational.

(Although with twins not even looking like sisters is really misses the point........)

Users who are viewing this thread