Dr. Player

The problem with this kind of stories is that often the blue window just totally hinders character development. When you should see growth and a MC overcoming difficulties because of its own effort, the window just give them the method.
I think this story could be better if the skills where just tools or knowledge instead of instant win buttons to overcome very specific challenges.

Instead of the "Iron heart" skill just letting MC cut a man without a second thought, let him be repulsed by it but overcoming it with it's own will and desire to save lives. Same thing when interacting with his family, instead of inventing a skill specifically called "Dealing with assholes", just let the man use the fact that he has at last discovered his talent and has a newfound confidence in his abilities to not let other belittle him.

Still, MC has a pretty great personality and seeing modern medical knowledge used in a fantasy setting is a new concept to me so I think I will continue reading it. I just really hope MC will not be over-relying on his cheat skills and be able to develop as a human being.

Users who are viewing this thread