Eiyuu Kyoushitsu - Vol. 11 Ch. 35.2 - Earnest's Marriage II

Group Leader
bruh wtf
checked the t/n's cuz i typically like reading the thoughts of those translating the shit
sometimes its funny other times its informative, like when translators choose particular words where there's nuance
but guy/ gal literally put the note that Blade should "grow up"
like Blade dancing with an 11 yr old, who probably asked him to btw, is a problem...
The TS note that I put on that page was more aimed towards the reader. It was captioned under "Balls are fun!", which would have been a silly thing to laugh about, hence why I added a sarcastic "grow up" to the reader. I've removed the TS note to remove the confusion it may cause!

Dex-chan lover
Sigh I hate this trope so much. Neither side comes out looking good, cause the plot requires them to get mad and misunderstand and be reactive idiots rather than talk openly. The prince skeeves me out... Most frustratingly is; neither of our leads will grow from this. We're gonna have to sit through utter slop, and then back to the status quo.

Please let this storyline wrap up fast!

Dex-chan lover
Sigh I hate this trope so much. Neither side comes out looking good, cause the plot requires them to get mad and misunderstand and be reactive idiots rather than talk openly. The prince skeeves me out... Most frustratingly is; neither of our leads will grow from this. We're gonna have to sit through utter slop, and then back to the status quo.

Please let this storyline wrap up fast!
the problem with this shit is it requied "good and loving" character to emotion abuse/manipulate the other one. and earnest fucking know it that the result is always bad. blade got beat up for it last time.

it pretty much common knowledge that blade is mentally a child to the point most girl didn't mind him bath with them.

Double-page supporter
I think the main asshole in this arc and the arc before is the king.
In the arc before where blade had to work for money, the king can just give him. I mean blade kinda gave his childhood and like 90% of his life, money shouldn't be the issue here.
And in this arc he can just say "ok my friend you can pick yourself a wife, but don't pick that girl, that girl, dan those girls because those are the hero's wives" :lul:

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Earnest is a gigantic red flag. She's defo the type to cheat once Blade even just glances at a woman and pretend to be the victim of the situation. She's too damn toxic and I'd never want to be near such a woman. If she does get married and ruin this other man's life instead of Blade's, that would be in the best interest of all parties. Girl even gets jealous of a child, that's the biggest red flag you could ever see in a person.

Dex-chan lover
why did you keep reading it for so long then?
What a dumb thing to say.

Because it's fine reading average manga? Because not all of them can be incredibly good?
Just because I think of it as a 6/10 at best doesn't mean I'll just not read it?
Of course now that it has gone to shit like that yeah definitely dropped it but still.

Dex-chan lover
Lemme guess what’s gunna happen next, everyone’s gunna blame blade for this for what’s happening without telling him why. Next we’ll have a chapter or two of “drama” followed by some pointless duel Where everything will circle around just like nothing happened.

Aggregator gang
Most frustratingly is; neither of our leads will grow from this.
Both are clearly growing in this arc so far though.

Earnest tried getting Blade's attention by making him jealous, only to have it backfire when Ashgard revealed he looked at her as a candidate to be his wife. She realizes she messed up when she says "I'm the worst." Ashgard then gives her an ultimatum. He'll take either Earnest or everyone else. Either option sucks, and because she blames herself for the misunderstanding, she takes responsibility and sacrifices herself.

And in the previous chapter Blade noticed that he's feeling things when he's with Earnest. He even becomes jealous when Earnest remarks that the prince is hot, which we've never seen him do. He doesn't understand that these feelings mean he wants to be with her. His psychology is more complex, but he struggles with wanting things for himself. He needs to learn it's ok to want Earnest for himself, or be more selfish in general.

Fed-Kun's army
Both are clearly growing in this arc so far though.

Earnest tried getting Blade's attention by making him jealous, only to have it backfire when Ashgard revealed he looked at her as a candidate to be his wife. She realizes she messed up when she says "I'm the worst." Ashgard then gives her an ultimatum. He'll take either Earnest or everyone else. Either option sucks, and because she blames herself for the misunderstanding, she takes responsibility and sacrifices herself.

And in the previous chapter Blade noticed that he's feeling things when he's with Earnest. He even becomes jealous when Earnest remarks that the prince is hot, which we've never seen him do. He doesn't understand that these feelings mean he wants to be with her. His psychology is more complex, but he struggles with wanting things for himself. He needs to learn it's ok to want Earnest for himself, or be more selfish in general.
The problem is we've done this same arc multiple times already, and the results never stick. It's just pointless drama for the sake of drama.

Thanks for the chapter.
Not a fan of this story arc actually, probably the first time Ive genuinely felt no enjoyment from one. Normally I find it hard to truly blame Blade cause he's, well Blade. But genuinely if he saw and heard Earnest the entire time at the ball and still decided to ignore her even when Ash came up to her, and ignored her, what did he think would happen? Honestly he needs to just say what he's thinking, be blunt like usual, and the whole thing would've been avoided. Prob the weakest writing for such a character in awhile.
To try and be fair to Blade though (I agree that he’s not a well written character but), he just doesn’t know that he’s feeling love for her. He also probably doesn’t know that he can ask for things of his own. He’s spent so much of his life in service of others that it just doesn’t click. Earnest though… man she’s just really spiteful. There’s tsundere and then there’s this. It’s just not a pleasant thing to see. For me, the bad writing of Earnest outweighs the bad writing of Blade, ESPECIALLY in this arc.

Dex-chan lover
This was the dumbest, abrupt, bullshit form of drama I've seen in a manga in a while. Hahahaha, this story is diving into the realm of absolute garbage. :ROFLMAO:

Dex-chan lover
Not only is this plotline bad, it was written in the most contrived way posible.

The prince, a quasi-hero wants a quasi-hero for his country military.
(Which arent even rare, king wives, horse teacher that hasnt appeared in a while, that random sex offender that Eliza has in her lab) and wants a wife in one go.

Little electra complex is jealous of the prince looking into Earnest.

But what was even her relation with Blade as to ask him to dance? In fact, for it to happen, every girl simultaneously had to give space instead of being over Blade as usual.

Blade dances with her in dad mode and Earnest gets jealous of an 11 year old.

Earnest just leads the prince to make Blade jealous, which instead of his usual behavior just backs off for no reason.

And then the prince says that he intended to recruit her but wants her genuinly as a wife. She notices that she is doing something really wrong, and the prince kinda coerces her, but she could have rejected the marriage and still take the job.

Blade doednt know what marriage is but still does nothing for no reason.

And then the Earnest is equal to 12 students is ridiculous.
She is exactly equal to Lumilia, weaker than Ku, 1ONO, and Maria, and Jessica is able to hurt Blade when they arent.

In fact, Earnest isnt even worth 2 Clays.

And over her accepting the marriage, it would have some weight, if she actually considered it, they could have a parallel between Blade toy ring and the one he gives, as from her perspective, Blade is technically a nobody.

Just dont make the little girl end up with the prince please

Users who are viewing this thread