Everyone Is from Another World, Except Me!?

Dex-chan lover
The tropiest of the tropes... god I'm looking forward to all the places this manga is going to go - Haven't laughed at one this hard for quite awhile lol

Thank you for your work translating this!

Double-page supporter
It takes serious skill to make an isekai so generic it becomes unique in its own way.

This ain't that. This is ironically generic and a mockery of isekai protagonists.

Aggregator gang
This is a fever dream. There's no logic, just tropes all mashed together in a maelstrom of chaos. That said, I think we can find some constants - the random nobody is the hero of the story, the OP reincarnators got all these cheat skills just so they could be the supporting cast. Also apparently everyone falls in love with MC so I'm of the mind that if this were a serious story he probably would have eventually just solved everything on his own.

To be honest it's a little too unserious for me, which is something I don't usually get to say. But I'm probably an outlier. So I will suffer and read every update just to be sure.

It looks like dumbest parody, but humor is too pathetic. Dropped after 1st chapter, it is not worth time to read.
I think readers must have specific IQ level to have fun from this “comedy” (like average teenager).

Dex-chan lover
I can't believe they cancelled it :notlikethis: Right as we were starting to get some semblance of a plot. I guess it was published in the wrong place to find its audience

I really, really enjoyed this dumb crazy manga, and it is sad to see it go, but it was certainly fun while it lasted… I wish more would come out in the future, but I doubt it would come out of cancellation.

Anyways, I would highly recommend reading this if you haven’t already, and thank you Natsuma Yumma, for putting in the work into this crazy series!

Dex-chan lover
This manga went places. Unlike the previous person, I don't think it has anything to do with "IQ level" but the jokes are certainly overused, I mean, not going past intestine bacteria to the very end... They could at least have rushed an ending, because even if they leave in a cliffhanger, I don't think it's going to come back anytime soon.

It lost me a little in the middle when the jokes started to get stale, but honestly the stuff in the city towards the end was pretty good. The series comedy comes from surprises and riffing on tropes, and it was doing a good job with that. This wasn't amazing, but it was legitimately funny, so long as it's your brand of humor, and the plot was starting to shape up into something interesting. Really unfair this got axed like this, I've seen a lot of series without even half this thing's appeal avoid cancellation while this just gets unceremoniously beheaded at the drop of a hat.

would have been more appealing if there are more characterizations and dynamics on the "reincarnator" characters, even if it's aimed to be a parody of isekai tropes, instead of the "reincarnators" simply tagging along with loco (and loco with them as well). konosuba is well received, one of them is because there's kazuma, there's aqua, there's megumin, and there's darkness, and because people enjoy how they act with each other

it may be funny (and humor is subjective, after all), but.. honestly, calling this a gem would make other stuff (like konosuba) a rare gem from outside solar system. that's pretty much how distant this is compared with other stuff

Users who are viewing this thread