Fami-res Iko. - Vol. 1 Ch. 6

Dex-chan lover
other than an 'underground' scene where social media would help i'm surprised it wouldn't be concert etiquette to not bring out phones if not just confiscate them, but maybe for the 'bigger' scale concerts

given the drinking culture, it'd be a pain to force the staff to take care of it but be interesting if they did hire some ppl specifically to deal with dragging someone drunk outta a place. or to pick them up

Dex-chan lover
I never know what to make of the directionless vibe this manga has. Like, there's a continuous plot every chapter but to what end– it doesn't quite feel like your usual slice of life. But at the same time I enjoy the novelty of that. Something that can only happen with an author you already like, IG.

Dex-chan lover
I...... don't understand???
Huh??
1693126189-bocchi34.png

Dex-chan lover
I...... don't understand???
Huh??
1693126189-bocchi34.png
well apparently this is a sequel series (the og series only had like 3 chapters?) and it was related to karaoke/singing so maybe the karaoke bar was a reference lol

other than an 'underground' scene where social media would help i'm surprised it wouldn't be concert etiquette to not bring out phones if not just confiscate them, but maybe for the 'bigger' scale concerts

given the drinking culture, it'd be a pain to force the staff to take care of it but be interesting if they did hire some ppl specifically to deal with dragging someone drunk outta a place. or to pick them up
i don't know much of anything about the underground/hardcore scene in japan, but where i'm from even if it's a "big" event or band they don't really have any rules about phones

Dex-chan lover
well apparently this is a sequel series (the og series only had like 3 chapters?) and it was related to karaoke/singing so maybe the karaoke bar was a reference lol
Yeah, i know about the prequel but i just can't catch the reference. Rereading it is.

Don’t mind me but I need to stuff this out of my head. Something I found interesting. Satomi who didn’t look like it but is struggling over his part time work and college life atm >> He met this odd dude who happened to be the mangaka of a series >> His coworker is a passionate otaku who openly likes the said series and also the singer of a band >> Narita hired the woman who might’ve happened to handle the mangaka’s manga (?) to his karaoke where the band of that coworker reside or did the after party.

Group Leader
Don’t mind me but I need to stuff this out of my head. Something I found interesting. Satomi who didn’t look like it but is struggling over his part time work and college life atm >> He met this odd dude who happened to be the mangaka of a series >> His coworker is a passionate otaku who openly likes the said series and also the singer of a band >> Narita hired the woman who might’ve happened to handle the mangaka’s manga (?) to his karaoke where the band of that coworker reside or did the after party.
The identity of NekoPani's editor is really unclear to me. Originally I thought they were a man because of the way Houjou talks about them, but the scene with the phone ringing in chapter 5 seems to imply that Suzuki is the woman hired by Narita. If it turns out Suzuki is a man after all, I'm going to have to go back and edit all the instances of "she" and "her" that I put in :notlikethis:

Also, the other manga that Morita likes, which I've been inconsistently translating as "A Man's Emblem" or "A Man's Honor" turns out to be a shoujo manga whose abbreviated title is "Otoko no Kunshou" but whose full title is something like "Otoko-san's bridal training will continue for the rest of her life"

I should have waited until this manga was complete before I started translating it

Is this manga directionless or are we looking at the most subtle romance writing in the history of seinen 😂? Satomi seems torn between a normal life, studying, making friends and potentially dating, and his strange relationship with Kyoji, which has him part timing and getting frustrated with his gifts and messages.

Users who are viewing this thread