Far East Chimera - Ch. 19 - Scattered Bait

Dex-chan lover
This is really starting to feel like an axe. Also, I missed the part where this guy became president. What happened with the whole #1 training arc that never happened. Idk anymore.

Anyhow, Thank you for Translations!

Dex-chan lover
Already got humans and chimera cooperating, might as well start forming coalitions. The side with the lunatic researcher is already arguably evil/anti-human.
Now you're speaking my language. What I wouldn't give to have that waste of oxygen they call a president get the Jason Todd treatment without the resurrection.

Dex-chan lover
Any1 else feels like both the art and writing went down in quality with Vol 2 ?
Idk about the art it seems fine but writing def feels rushed and solsos betrayal wasnt very good. Wish they did even more worldbuilding with the regular chimeras and how ppl live their lives instead of rushing through the story

Supporter
Idk about the art it seems fine but writing def feels rushed and solsos betrayal wasnt very good. Wish they did even more worldbuilding with the regular chimeras and how ppl live their lives instead of rushing through the story
Idk when the chapter started i thought it was 3D CGI ish similar to another manga that was released like 4 months ago that is full 3D and i was like "wtf is going on this never happened on this manga"

Dex-chan lover
Idk when the chapter started i thought it was 3D CGI ish similar to another manga that was released like 4 months ago that is full 3D and i was like "wtf is going on this never happened on this manga"
oh wait i can kinda see it. Compared to earlier chaps some of the backgrounds are less stylized and its more obvious they were just modified irl pics, while the more of the stuff in earlier chaps still have these they made it less obvious and more of the bg was hand drawn. Im no expert though

Banned
I kind of got a different vibe of what this manga tries to be from the early few chapters. It felt more like a world-building seinen, rather than a powercreep shounen. The early longer page chapters were quite different in tone. You could feel some kind of shift in narrative when the 17-ish pages from chapter 4-5 began to become the norm going forward.

I still like the manga and its interesting enough, i am just a little disappointed that it is so shounen-y.

Dex-chan lover
I kind of got a different vibe of what this manga tries to be from the early few chapters. It felt more like a world-building seinen, rather than a powercreep shounen. The early longer page chapters were quite different in tone. You could feel some kind of shift in narrative when the 17-ish pages from chapter 4-5 began to become the norm going forward.

I still like the manga and its interesting enough, i am just a little disappointed that it is so shounen-y.
this tbh, the regular chimera are just fodder now. Were constantly seeing the top of the food chain while in reality 90% of hunters struggle to take down a normal chimera that the mc can just slice to bits

Group Leader
We forgot very quickly about old master and muscle queen characters. They had their arcs (each 4-5 chapters), and they just vanished into irrelevency.

Dex-chan lover
It lost some of the wild and strange spark from early on, but I hope it has enough twists to continue for a while. I like the art and the characters. Yuri is simple, interesting, and has a good design. Shikura is interesting and distinctive. Solso is meh so far. But from the hunter power rankings and giant plant arms, this feels like it was always meant to end within a few volumes.

Seriously, give me 100 more chapters of this, opening up the world and chimerism. Say the plot so far is on a small far-east continent, Yuri or the prime chimera is the "far east chimera", say there's more hunters, hybrids, and mad science westwards. /hopium We're probably well past the halfway point.

Users who are viewing this thread