Far East Chimera - Ch. 26 - An Old Friend

Dex-chan lover
I see people doompoosting about the series. But like, does Weekly Young Jump (the magazine this manga's in) have significant history of axing series? Being related to WSJ, I thought they'd be more axe-resistant.

On another note, the pacing of this series is unique even from the start imo.

Dex-chan lover
Oh fuck off with this backstory. Mengele was about to dissect a living person, no amount of misguided good intentions is going to redeem him.
bsZX4Mz.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Yeaaaaa this chapter felt uh.. hamfisted. Weird choice to make this sniveling little cuck into some over rated OP freak too, he 100% had "entry level boss who gets decimated at the beginning of a Shounen series" energy.

Dex-chan lover
The pacing of the story seems to be rushing to conclude stuff.

My incoming axe senses are tingling.
It's just arc of this one villain they're finishing, they still have to discover what the deal with main antagonist is, vampire bat chimera is now free, plenty of stuff can still happen. It's pretty silly to call axe just because manga is finishing with some plot threads.

Dex-chan lover
I like the writing in this, and how the good guys are the ones who take it slow and focus on humanity and don’t have big ambitions.

Yeaaaaa this chapter felt uh.. hamfisted. Weird choice to make this sniveling little cuck into some over rated OP freak too, he 100% had "entry level boss who gets decimated at the beginning of a Shounen series" energy.
The science-y type character using the thing they've been working on to power-up is a pretty old trope, I don't really see it as hamfisted or all that surprising. I'd even expect something to happen in regards to said power since it's not fully tested so things may go haywire or even kill him.

Dex-chan lover
The science-y type character using the thing they've been working on to power-up is a pretty old trope, I don't really see it as hamfisted or all that surprising. I'd even expect something to happen in regards to said power since it's not fully tested so things may go haywire or even kill him.
I see what you mean but IDK I think maybe its just the pacing that makes it weird to me? Like he very much has season 1 baddie energy as opposed to like... super uber threat evil scientist incarnate if you catch my drift.

Users who are viewing this thread