Fate/strange Fake - Vol. 3 Ch. 12.04

Supporter
I wish Fate Strange Fake is published in my country too... The art is so beautiful, the story interesting

Sem

Dex-chan lover
@seihanda @chugle

Oh shit ur right! I mean, I didn't expect him to look anything like what he does in the manga considering what Fate's flagship heroine looks like, but wow they're taking a lot of liberties.

Dex-chan lover
An epic three-way fate battle with no servants? What sorcery is this?

So, was the Charles that Dumas met Charles Dickens? Maybe it's a bit of a stretch, but they did live during the same time period.

@Sem Apparently for quite some time, it was speculated that he was lying about his identity, that might have something to do with why. Some thought he was Honoré de Balzac, who was known to be a womanizer and use false names to escape debts, among other things, and was also a well known writer, but...
then he revealed his Noble Phantasm in the novels, Musketeer's Masquerade, which basically cements him as Dumas since he wrote The Three Musketeers. So, yeah, that's quite the liberties taken.

@Sem Saber genderbending was explained tho.
She disguised as man so her legend record her as "he"
Even the making of Mordred explained

That's not the case with Alexander Dumas

Sem

Dex-chan lover
@KazumiSangaku
Ahh what a missed opportunity! That would have been a sick plot twist!
Well now that I know, I'm not sure how I feel about changing Dumas this much. I mean Edison is a lion and Andersen is a child with Koyasu Takehito's voice, but this really lacks the humor behind those changes.

Well I learned something today at least. I don't think I ever bothered to wonder what Dumas looked like and I definitely didn't realize he had photographs.

@Seihanda I think the fact has either escaped the author/illustrator, or he didn't deem it to be too important to change up the envisioned design, since Dumas was still 3/4 white and didn't look typically black.
Either way changes to the appearance of historical figures was never something special in Fate anyway, so I don't know what's the deal with this one that makes it more baffling than Nero, Jing Ke, Napoleon, Caesar or Vlad for example.

The vampire right now:

PlUcex4.jpg

Fed-Kun's army
@WaldDerWolf Most of the ones you are talking about are from Fate Gacha Order and that is an entirely different thing to collect waifus. On the other side, Vlad Tepes is not that different from the real guy on appearance so you can take him out of the list.

Users who are viewing this thread