Fernandes Pixy Shop - Oneshot

That was darker than I thought. I saw the gore tag so it shouldn't have been a surprise, but still.

Dex-chan lover
Hmm... I might be wrong, but I'm reading this as commentary about pet ownership or animal husbandry in general.
Nah, I think that's on point. The author strikes me as the type of writer who is interested in hypotheticals, based on other stuff he's written.

Here, he's asking how we would feel about animal husbandry practices if they were done to something humanoid.

For some other folks, if you don't feel "disgusted" or "uncomfortable," but instead feel "horny" - get a god damn therapist. Or priest. Or both.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Nah, I think that's on point. The author strikes me as the type of writer who is interested in hypotheticals, based on other stuff he's written.

Here, he's asking how we would feel about animal husbandry practices if they were done to something humanoid.

For some other folks, if you don't feel "disgusted" or "uncomfortable," but instead feel "horny" - get a god damn therapist. Or priest. Or both.
Is horngusted okay?

Just kidding. I don't find this sexy at all (though the poor crippled pixy does have her bite-size charms). I agree that the story seems to satirize humanity's penchant for cruelty in the name of convenience. Not only as visited upon "dumb animals", though. Consider slavery, foot binding, female genital mutilation, and the like 😬

Fernandes Pixy Shop does not, however, strike me as a polemical or even a deeply serious work. The satire makes a point, but the contrast between the enterprise's grisly reality and the shopkeeper's placid smile at least flirts with ghoulish black comedy. And mangaka Tsurubuchi Kenji clearly indulges the scenario's macabre and erotic possibilities for titillation's sake.

I'd call it poison candy: sugar frosted ero-guro for those who enjoy the razor blade as much as the apple.

Users who are viewing this thread