Front Mission - Dog Life & Dog Style - Vol. 9 Ch. 74 - STYLE:7 - Return of the Shepherd (36)

Dex-chan lover
I don't think Queen of Madness alone can fix this, the encounter would have to happen while they are out of their wanzers.
The commodore is done for.

Dex-chan lover
This is bullshit... They didn't guard a secret passage that leads directly to their H.Q.?! They wouldn't have just put passive defense measures (landmines), they would have also put active defense measures (guards) that solely focused on guarding that passage.

Dex-chan lover
Still an awesome re-read, damn it takes me back. Which I'd discovered it a bit earlier.

This is bullshit... They didn't guard a secret passage that leads directly to their H.Q.?! They wouldn't have just put passive defense measures (landmines), they would have also put active defense measures (guards) that solely focused on guarding that passage.
This was covered earlier when they discussed it. The entire point was that it was ultra-top secret and not even fair high level officers in the army knew about it. There is always a tradeoff between secrecy and active defense. If you have tons of guards and the like it's basically impossible that the secret won't leak. And if nobody knows about it then that itself is a great defense. The problem of course is that if someone does find out, response is hampered.

It's a hard problem, because anything done about it leaks information. Like there could be some high level order, "if you ever see an enemy use this abandoned facility, open this secret orders file" which doesn't tell what exactly the secret is. But it does leak that something is there at a supposedly abandoned rotting structure nobody ever goes to anymore. An active sensors and the like need maintenance, and in turn maintenance workers, who then learn the secret. Not easy. And of course another real problem with truly deep deep secrets is that it's possible that everyone who knows about them retires/dies/doesn't talk and the institution as a whole truly forgets.

Group Leader
Noticed (two months later, whoops) that I missed a word bubble. Fixed and reuploaded.

Users who are viewing this thread