Fukakai na Boku no Subete o - Vol. 2 Ch. 10

Aggregator gang
I wish she got isekaied to this manga https://mangadex.org/title/33132/all-of-humanity-is-yuri-except-for-me

Double-page supporter
I mean I feel bad for her but the way she acted wasn't the best in the end. My problem with this kind of character in manga is that the disgust they feel for males is just for the sake of drama or comedy and most of the times there isn't a real reason for it, and yeah I know that there are some ones that are well written and have a good reason for it, but in this case it kinda feels more of a wasted potential when she has more in common with some of them and the author went that route.

i have been where she has been. when everyone keeps forcing girl things on me so much that i began to hate the color pink. environments effect people in someway or another. she dislike the male gender because she feels pressured & forced by everyone & everything to like it romantically to the point she dislike it

Fucking lesbians man , I tell you they always blow shit out of proportions. Not saying the other parts of the spectrum dont tho

Double-page supporter
When you thought this would be cute but it's just chapters and chapters of y i k e s

Man, what a crock of shit. It's really hard to feel compassion for Kotone when she's been written as this man-hating princess who feels physical revulsion from being touched by men or fucking hell, even someone she perceives as a man. Especially when you've got Tetsu who's willing to accept being ostracized for liking Mogu and is willing to fully accept them.

And the whole chapter was taken by her backstory, jeez.

Banned
Did something happen in her early life (that we don't know of yet) that caused this fear of men?

Knowing your best friend looks like a girl but is in reality a male couldve made her feelings more confused.

Like she's lying to herself because deep down she does like him but since he's not the fitting image of what a boy should be it'll be weird to admit she has a thing for girly boys.
Plus the fact he doesn't even understand his own feelings of his body which adds to her confusion.

I didn't like much Kotone before this chapter but now I strongly do.

After reading all the comments posted so far I'd say maybe it's harder for "normal" people (as people who grew up in a healthy environment) to get why she dislikes "males" like she does if you're het or grew up in a, let's say, healthy environment.

In the flashbacks it's portrayed pretty well how she has built up frustration and hatred not for men as men but towards "males" as people she feels are totally alien to her.

When you don't like girls yet get pressured in getting into a relationship with one for years and it gets worse when you turn 26 with people seriously worrying about you and your future, it's, I'd say, almost logical that you'd develop a sort of certain attitude mixed with irritation towards women. And not because you hate women as women but because the label gave you so many negative emotions throughout the years.
Is disliking women in general for this reason totally wrong and shitty? Indeed it is. Because before being women they are firstly individuals deserving of respect.

Man, I so felt Kotone in this chapter.

What I'm trying to say is that, this is very relatable if you've been there but it doesn't mean that it's not shitty how she behaves but I can totally see why she would be this way so I'd not blame everything on her but I'd like to see her mature and have a bit of happiness as well.

Dex-chan lover
I dunno how I feel about a whole chapter dedicated to her backstory tbh. I'd rather they took it slow instead of dumping an exposition like that. She still feels like the least likable character is the series.

@noguza Big agree over here.

When deep in the closet, it's real easy to lash out at others and be generally hateful. Before I realised I was trans, I was a real resentful jerk with a ton of misogyny. It was super easy for me to project my issues with my body image and sexuality out as "god fuck all these women and gay people who get to be happy with who they are".

NB: Presuming all homophobes to be closeted queer people is obviously a misguided and incorrect line of thinking that has only lead to more hurt in the LGBTQ community, but this experience isn't exactly uncommon.

Kotone has been really shitty to Mogumo and everyone else, yes, but she is as real and flawed a human as everyone else in this manga. It's not fair to write her off completely.

Users who are viewing this thread