Fushigi no Kuni no Bird - Vol. 10 Ch. 46 - Hakodate (2)

Double-page supporter
He's just racist.

I would love it if he experienced the same thing he did to those local people.

I know racism of white people to the easterners were quite common in this era, but I can't help but feel disgusted towards him..

I just hope Ito could get a better life, free from that bigot.

Fed-Kun's army
I really want her to beat his ass! Even if it’s just with words!!!
I absolutely despise him and I hope ito will end up with her again (which is clearly what he wants if he isn’t being forced to some degree)

What a frightening man. This chapter shows perfectly how the class structure is not only upheld by those on the top, but those on the bottom who are looking to rise (and treat others how they were treated when they were on the bottom). I can't wait to see how Isabella can free Ito from these people.

Dex-chan lover
Hah! So in other words, he's playing at being a little lord- and to be frank, not doing that poor a job of it. He's just as cruel, racist, and prideful as any gentry. The only difference is he's maybe a little more overt. Maybe. Or to put it another way, he's a shithead, but it's not surprising that he is. Even here his temptation was to threaten physical violence- against a woman of fine standing, in front of witnesses.

The problem is, however, he very clearly expected her to be cowed by this. He already thinks he's won.

Dex-chan lover
One could basically get away with anything but the most blatant of murders.

Indeed, a recommendation was that if you had accidentally crippled a local, make sure to kill him. A cripple entailed a much higher restitution for damages than a corpse did. (So I guess if you count 'paying some indemnities' as 'not having gotten away with it' then sure, they didn't usually get away with murder..)

Users who are viewing this thread