Fushigi no Kuni no Bird - Vol. 10 Ch. 47 - Nanai (1)

VIP
that's abusive master for you, but it's 19th century so it's not like it was uncommon.

Oh my god I was so scared for a minute!!! I thought she was gonna let him stay there without anymore fight! I’m so happy she is using these things to her advantage!
I feel horrible for Ito… it must be frightening having basically no choice but to work for him.

I love Isabella Bird as she's portrayed in this manga. When she says she wants to make a deal, I fully believe she'll come out on top. However, it's a shame to have Ito working for Maries in any capacity...Ito feels a lot different in this chapter than when he was previously traveling with Bird, like he'd had a lot of his spirit wrung out of him.

LMAO the hypocrisy. Maries just "respected " Ito's autonomy when met by the condition of possibly losing his services as if he did not just threat to use Ito's family against him if he denied going back under his employment. Fcking asshole (but also common in the era); which is why Miss Bird's working conditions are much much better and shows why Ito wants her as an employer.

Double-page supporter
Huh honestly I was quite upset with how Miss Bird was reacting to the situation, Ito clearly told her Maries was threatening his family and he's acting like an abused hostage, but she thinks it might be good for him to travel to China with Maries? I guess I'm happy to see whatever arrangement she's making, but it doesn't really change his situation long-term.

But man, do I wish this manga got an official translation too! I want to own the volume and read it. Very close to buying the French version, because at least my French is better than my Japanese. Thank you for bringing us the translation!

Group Leader
But man, do I wish this manga got an official translation too! I want to own the volume and read it. Very close to buying the French version, because at least my French is better than my Japanese. Thank you for bringing us the translation!
There's an official Finnish version now too but I doubt that's any better for you lol

Dex-chan lover
hah! Oh thats a satisfying turnaround.

By the way- reading this translation actually caused me to pick up the original book when I found it at my library! It's an interesting read, even if... well! Of the time. But I went in expecting that. Thank you again for your hard work on this series.

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the update, been marathoning since first chapter til now.

also i feel like the art related to "a bride's story"..

Group Leader
yeah, I don't love that as part of this deal Ito will still have to go back to working under an abusive master

I know this is historical but oh how I want Maries to die while Miss Bird and Ito are traveling

Users who are viewing this thread