Gal Knight Angelica - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Gal Knight And Hero Apprentice

I don't think manga writers understand how slavery works

"They just go up to armed people in the middle of a market and try to enslave them, right? Nobody else in the place has any problem with citizens being kidnapped off the street for no reason, right?"

Group Leader
These justifications are always so forced lmao

"I play up the slutty look so people think I've been kicked out of every group because I'm a homewrecker 😜 but the truth is... I'm soooo strong and good at defeating enemies... people don't want me in their parties😔 they say "aaaahhhh a woman who can destroy powerful opponents quickly! Why would we want that!? Away, freak!"

Double-page supporter
@couscous
That's...kinda how the yaks and other slavers in the region operated for a long time. Admittedly they didn't attack armed fighters, but if you're the kinda asshole who think it's okay to enslave people, you're also probably the kind of asshole who doesn't take women seriously no matter how well armed they are.

As recently as the 80's yakkuza were known to just take girls and young women off the street, even in fairly crowded places and just carry them off. Once properly broken and trained they could be turned out as prostitutes which used to be the yak's exclusive domain.

Even with all the anti-OC laws and the near extermination of the yakkuza, the cultural meme they created lives on.

@Lemongrassv

True. But a lot of that is cultural. The west has a long tradition of the burdened warrior who struggles on under a curse that he has learned to weaponize. Being cursed is mostly seen as an unfortunate circumstance that can be remedied.

In the east though, being cursed is seen as the result of being a bad person or being hated by the gods or something and its understood that that shit is catching. As a result, no one want to be around a cursed person on the off chance that something bad happens to them by associating with the cursed one. Even if the curse is useful, it might afflict you too.

Dex-chan lover
His brother has horns? Is it gonna turn out he's part of the demon race or something

Users who are viewing this thread