Gal ni Yasashii Otaku-kun - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

Dex-chan lover
lol, like clockwork.

look, Galaxy-Degen people... If you don't have time or drive to work on this, that's fine. You guys put out a lot of series and I don't think anyone would hold it against you. Plus Scyllazy and Facepalm are good quality translators and there's no shame in handing off a series that's down your priority list to them so that people can keep enjoying it. But this whole "don't release stuff for eons and then rush it out the door when it looks like someone's wandered onto your turf" thing is just kinda... lame. I know I said in the Scyllazy chapter 1 release that a dueling release schedule might be fine because either way I'll get to read the series, but if you guys are stretched so thin that you're only prodded into releasing new chapters because another group showed up out of some weird sense of ownership or honor or whatever then that seems pretty counterproductive.

Dex-chan lover
These groups are giving us these translations for free. They don’t have to rush a damn thing. Read the raws if the release isn’t fast enough for your taste

It's not that the releases aren't fast enough. It's that they don't release anything for so long (or so little in a long time) that it appears they are uninterested in the series, then as soon as someone else steps in to fill the gap they suddenly start releasing again almost like they need to show "hey we're still here and doing this series" almost as if to scare off the other group.

The raws are currently up to, I think, 9.3 with the next slated chapter listed as 10.1. Degen released chapter 1 in 2 parts at the beginning of January of this year. They then left it untouched until the start of December before releasing chapter 2. So this was not a case of being held back by drip-fed raws, but simply because this was a low enough priority series that they didn't really work on it literally all year. Almost a month after they did chapter 2 Scyllazy/Facepalm stepped up and released a combined chapter 1 and said that they intend to work on the series, releasing full chapters at a reasonably quick pace to the point that they can be nearly up to date and able to release completed, non-split chapters about once a month given the raw release pace.

Then, as if by magic, Degen appears literally hours later to suddenly release chapter 3, whole and un-split after not doing that for previous chapters (even chapter 2 which they put out less than a month ago so it's not like they were handcuffed by it being incomplete upon initial release). If it's not meant to be a counter to Scyllazy and Facepalm's declaration of wanting to work on the series and surpass them with whole chapters, it sure is awfully convenient and coincidental.

as I said in my first post, I don't think anyone's going to begrudge them if they were to choose not to do this series and let another group take it on. They're a busy group that does a lot of series and generally does them decently to great. But don't seemingly pretend to claim ownership of its scanlating rights if the only time it gets released is when someone forces your hand.

Dex-chan lover
These groups are giving us these translations for free. They don’t have to rush a damn thing. Read the raws if the release isn’t fast enough for your taste
Then it's fine if someone else picks it instead of them, right? Why bother with hording the chapters and uploading them when someone wants to do the damn job instead of them? The answer is: the paywall. They are exploiting the fair play to milk people for money and it's not how this is supposed to be.

Dex-chan lover
It's not that the releases aren't fast enough. It's that they don't release anything for so long (or so little in a long time) that it appears they are uninterested in the series, then as soon as someone else steps in to fill the gap they suddenly start releasing again almost like they need to show "hey we're still here and doing this series" almost as if to scare off the other group.

The raws are currently up to, I think, 9.3 with the next slated chapter listed as 10.1. Degen released chapter 1 in 2 parts at the beginning of January of this year. They then left it untouched until the start of December before releasing chapter 2. So this was not a case of being held back by drip-fed raws, but simply because this was a low enough priority series that they didn't really work on it literally all year. Almost a month after they did chapter 2 Scyllazy/Facepalm stepped up and released a combined chapter 1 and said that they intend to work on the series, releasing full chapters at a reasonably quick pace to the point that they can be nearly up to date and able to release completed, non-split chapters about once a month given the raw release pace.

Then, as if by magic, Degen appears literally hours later to suddenly release chapter 3, whole and un-split after not doing that for previous chapters (even chapter 2 which they put out less than a month ago so it's not like they were handcuffed by it being incomplete upon initial release). If it's not meant to be a counter to Scyllazy and Facepalm's declaration of wanting to work on the series and surpass them with whole chapters, it sure is awfully convenient and coincidental.

as I said in my first post, I don't think anyone's going to begrudge them if they were to choose not to do this series and let another group take it on. They're a busy group that does a lot of series and generally does them decently to great. But don't seemingly pretend to claim ownership of its scanlating rights if the only time it gets released is when someone forces your hand.
I don’t find calling a group “scumbags” because they didn’t release a chapter at a speed y’all want cool at all. Like u said, they have other series. Also the whole “sniping” concept on this site is stupid as shit. I don’t care who releases these chapters hell they both could at the same time. But ppl complaining about free chapter releases ain’t it

Dex-chan lover
Then it's fine if someone else picks it instead of them, right? Why bother with hording the chapters and uploading them when someone wants to do the damn job instead of them? The answer is: the paywall. They are exploiting the fair play to milk people for money and it's not how this is supposed to be.
Yup. It’s perfectly fine with me if someone else releases chapters. None of these ppl own rights to the manga so imo you can’t “steal” a series. Just don’t call them scumbags cause they have a release schedule

Users who are viewing this thread