Garan no Hime - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - Mechanical Body

Dex-chan lover
humanity: creates ghey seggs combat robots in such large quantity they overshadow human populations

robots: transform into biomass creatures

humanity: damn, well don't tell anybody anything that can help them out and just go radio silent so everything is forgotten in 2 generations

classic humanity

Dex-chan lover
I feel like too much was revealed too quickly.
This chapter spoiled quite a bit.
It could also mean that there are a lot more reveals to come that make this revelation worth it?
Grey Bodies seems to me like a transhumanist thing; people putting their consciousness into an effectively immortal cybernetic body.
Is Hime really a Grey Body Human, though? I'd had her pegged as something more mechanical, like an android.

Dex-chan lover
This just screams BAD THING ARE GONA HAPPEN! Or it could be that the plot is simply just that blunt about things.
Anyways... Isana, you HAVE to hug back your immortal nano-machine android in her distress.

Dex-chan lover
There is a very short flashback on page 1, do we think that girl staring into the fire is also Isana? Were they forcefully uploading a memory into her brain, or something?

Dex-chan lover
Credits page so true
Credits, if Isana hugs Hime, she will become squished grey matter.

This just screams BAD THING ARE GONA HAPPEN! Or it could be that the plot is simply just that blunt about things.
Anyways... Isana, you HAVE to hug back your immortal nano-machine android in her distress.
I'm buying volume 1. Hope its physical.

There is a very short flashback on page 1, do we think that girl staring into the fire is also Isana? Were they forcefully uploading a memory into her brain, or something?
Possibly, but all the other flashbacks so far haven't been specifically involving Isana (as far as we know). Looks similar, but the art style makes it tough to distinguish characters based on a single panel.

To me, that scene gives "burning the witch" vibes. There's weird junk on the side of the girl's head that looks kind of mechanical. If I had to guess, I'd say that this is what happened to any grey body humans left after the fall of civilisation.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like too much was revealed too quickly.
This chapter spoiled quite a bit.
It could also mean that there are a lot more reveals to come that make this revelation worth it?
Grey Bodies seems to me like a transhumanist thing; people putting their consciousness into an effectively immortal cybernetic body.
Is Hime really a Grey Body Human, though? I'd had her pegged as something more mechanical, like an android.
When she was hurt in the last battle, you could see her bubbles like the monster while regenerating.
The real question is: are Grey Bodies actual people, or are they bodies where consciousness are uploaded into? And so, is Hime a full person, or a blank template?
Also, Hime has been in stasis all this time, the mutation clock started ticking the moment she was reactivated...

Supporter
I really like the world-building, but I wonder if the pacing is bit too fast.

This chapter infodumped a bit on us. Feels like it might be better to drip-feed that information. But it could be the author has so much lore for us that infodumping is necessary. It almost feels like a LN adaptation with all this background information.

Another part of the pacing that feels fast is the relationship between Isana and Hime. They haven't had that many interactions, so when Hime says and does things showing how attached she is to Isana, I'm not entirely sold on it.
I think the author should've spent a chapter or 2 on them traveling to the city. I'm pretty sure it was mentioned it took several days to get there but they fast traveled almost instantly with only meeting that merchant girl in between.

Users who are viewing this thread