Gas-tou Norainu Tanteidan - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Look Down and Walk

Dex-chan lover
how is that sherlock holmes, that's some liberties right there.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter. This is interesting. I’ll be following along

This is a no for me. The mystery wasn't really interesting. The 2nd main character is dislikable plus he is named Sherlock Holmes for some stupid reason.
If it was Nina + mc helping someone who wasn't this dislikable it would still be okay even with a boring mystery.

Group Leader
I on the other hand am glad they made Sherlock an asshole in this one. He's usually watered down in this regard. And because of how he looks, the twist was actually surprising.

Detective work, especially Louie's, was written decently, 1st chapters of detective series have it rough because they need to establish main characters, while doing mystery and conluding it in the same chapter. Hence, it's hard to establish legitimate suspects + red herrings.

The only thing I didn't like is how painfully obvious Nina's death was. Since her first appearance, she was a walking death flag, that I've seen a 100 times used solely to use to motivate MC in chapter 1. Nina coming back to him while bleeding out, and lying next to him, without waking him up, just so she could have peaceful last moment in life, was pretty cute though.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Assuming he is really Sherlock Holmes, I can understand his deduction ability and shitty personality.

Users who are viewing this thread