Genkaigoe no Skill wa, Tenseisha ni Shika Atsukaenai - Over Limit Skill Holder - Ch. 19 - A young girls dawn and a fathers cold heart - 3

Dex-chan lover
Yeah - and sometimes, the moment they do get to kill that person, is when the actually disaster happens. It's such ironies that make such tragedies develop oh so predictable. But yeah, Reiji is technically creating an imbalance by 'collecting' all skills he can come across to. While he is not hoarding the orbs, he is actually slowly amassing all skills from both worlds so that might be problematic in some way (but everyone else doesn't know that yet)
Well, I just had a prime example of why I hate writing replies on my phone. Just lost a few well thought out paragraph due to my phone freaking out... I will try to recreate them to the best of my ability...

I disagree that he is creating an imbalance by collecting skills. As you mentioned he isn't hoarding the orbs themselves, but instead collecting the skills of the other orbs through the skill of his orb. While this is an ability of an orb that requires more slots than any other known individual in the world he reincarnated into, that doesn't mean that in the "dark" world people are not born with more slots.
While I am making assumptions, which very well may be proven wrong later, I find it likely that the orbs were created, and therefore "designed" by someone (probably a deity of some kind). If that is the case, and the orbs didn't materialize naturally and at random, then the orb he has, "world ruler" was designed to accumulate the abilities of the other orbs (without taking the orbs themselves from their user) for a purpose. The fact that it requires more slots, but not exactly twice the (so far as we have seen) "natural" number of slots people are born with, means that it wouldn't require someone who has lived two lives (i.e. someone who has exactly double the number of normal slots). This suggests that people could be born with more, and the orbs is designed for those people, likely for situations that require the usage of multiple different skills at once and by one individual (i.e. in times of emergency, when a "great evil" or "imbalance" arises).
If that is the case, the MC's soul could have been plucked from whatever route it would have taken naturally to be brought to this pair of worlds to fill the purpose of the one who can defeat such a "great evil" or fix such an "imbalance" as it might have been easier than waiting for an individual to be born with more slots...

If that is true, which I certainly admit is a BIG IF, then he isn't creating an imbalance himself by collecting other skills, but preparing to stop or counter something.
Evidence for this is that the orbs don't appear indefinitely, but are shared between the two(?) worlds - which suggests that they are neither created nor destroyed; the abilities collected by the orb are not inherited by the next orb user, but instead collected within the user themselves (if I recall correctly he was still able to use collected abilities when the orb was taken out).

Dex-chan lover
Well, I just had a prime example of why I hate writing replies on my phone. Just lost a few well thought out paragraph due to my phone freaking out... I will try to recreate them to the best of my ability...

I disagree that he is creating an imbalance by collecting skills. As you mentioned he isn't hoarding the orbs themselves, but instead collecting the skills of the other orbs through the skill of his orb. While this is an ability of an orb that requires more slots than any other known individual in the world he reincarnated into, that doesn't mean that in the "dark" world people are not born with more slots.
While I am making assumptions, which very well may be proven wrong later, I find it likely that the orbs were created, and therefore "designed" by someone (probably a deity of some kind). If that is the case, and the orbs didn't materialize naturally and at random, then the orb he has, "world ruler" was designed to accumulate the abilities of the other orbs (without taking the orbs themselves from their user) for a purpose. The fact that it requires more slots, but not exactly twice the (so far as we have seen) "natural" number of slots people are born with, means that it wouldn't require someone who has lived two lives (i.e. someone who has exactly double the number of normal slots). This suggests that people could be born with more, and the orbs is designed for those people, likely for situations that require the usage of multiple different skills at once and by one individual (i.e. in times of emergency, when a "great evil" or "imbalance" arises).
If that is the case, the MC's soul could have been plucked from whatever route it would have taken naturally to be brought to this pair of worlds to fill the purpose of the one who can defeat such a "great evil" or fix such an "imbalance" as it might have been easier than waiting for an individual to be born with more slots...

If that is true, which I certainly admit is a BIG IF, then he isn't creating an imbalance himself by collecting other skills, but preparing to stop or counter something.
Evidence for this is that the orbs don't appear indefinitely, but are shared between the two(?) worlds - which suggests that they are neither created nor destroyed; the abilities collected by the orb are not inherited by the next orb user, but instead collected within the user themselves (if I recall correctly he was still able to use collected abilities when the orb was taken out)
I think the main issue will be not how many orbs will be used in either side rather the number of skills that a particular side might be able to obtain. I think the orbs pop out in random and the skill contained might also be random and I think the concern they have is that they want no side to have more skills than the other? And I guess he was called a Child of Disaster by the dark being because they can see he is amassing skills (even without using new orbs)?

Dex-chan lover
I think the main issue will be not how many orbs will be used in either side rather the number of skills that a particular side might be able to obtain. I think the orbs pop out in random and the skill contained might also be random and I think the concern they have is that they want no side to have more skills than the other? And I guess he was called a Child of Disaster by the dark being because they can see he is amassing skills (even without using new orbs)?
What I got from the chapter, and I could certainly be misinterpreting it, was that the orbs are preexisting. They, as individual objects, transfer between the two worlds. Page 5 and 6 effectively say this: "You mean skill orbs aren't infinitely being generated, but the ones that disappear from the shadow world are the ones that appear here?" And "So the covenant was formed in order to prevent one world from monopolizing the skill orbs."
I'm unsure whether they have touched upon how, when and why the orbs "disappear," but if it's "on death" then people using the skill orb power to, well, remove skill orbs before someone dies (after it has been "inserted") would allow them to "stockpile" the orbs. Since the manga begins in a "mine" to "extract" skill orbs, they either appear within the ground, or they are mining out orbs that appeared millennial ago. The first seems more likely given the dragon's reaction.

As for the MC and how he is the "Child of Disaster" that has yet to be seen. It could be because he is accumulating power. It could be because he creates change, possibly even transportation and therefore communication between the two worlds. Change can easily be disaster depending on the people and the change...

Anyway, based on the information currently provided by the manga I really don't believe that the orbs are "created randomly." Especially because of "world ruler," what it's capable of, how many slots it requires, how many slots the MC has and why he has that many (it would be interesting to see how many, if any, the dragon has). It feels more like they are by design... Of course I could easily be wrong; I mean, obviously they are by design, the author design them, but I mean "in universe".
Finally, this is an adaptation, so the source material is likely way ahead of where the manga is. Anyone who has read or is reading the source material will probably know WAY more than us...

Users who are viewing this thread