Giganto Maxia

That's correct, however the manga itself still has 6 chapters if that even makes sense, the seventh chapter is just the bonus chapter. Should I specify it?

I'm so accostumed to Berserk and even more, so tired from it (maybe never even recognized its true art) that the fact that Miura is such a good "storyteller" goes around my head a lot of times.
But I'm sure I must not have been the only one who fell for Prome and Delos at first sight; I can't be the only one who finished the first chapter pumped by the upcoming hard fought battle between the insect and Delos, and that considered both characters as friends by the third chapter.
The end of the sixth episode is disappointing, I must say, but I will not retract from the fact that Miura knows his art.

This was pretty amazing. Post apocalyptic and very in-your-face about what it is and what it does. Feels like taking the conventions you expect, flipping them up side down, and then piledriving them into the ground. This has about as much respect for your sensitivity as Prome does.
Certainly one of the best things I've read in ages. Too bad it doesn't go anywhere.

Looks like the rating couldn't be higher because of (butthurt) Berserk fans who can't empathize with the very author that have bring them the very masterpiece they love. Here is the thing: go read Miura interviews and you know despite the grotesque content he is very sincere and pure hearted, and also very enthusiastic on his craft. He is the type of creator who never run out of ideas and very passionate with the story he wanted to tell.

Up to the latest chapter, I haven't seen any decreases in Miura's passion and dedication to his child, Berserk. However it is clear that before Gigantomakhia happened when the hiatus become severe he had stricken with a very bad author block. It is not because he couldn't continue the story, but rather due to severe creative burned out that coming out of unchanneled ideas. This is bound to happened because Miira's own conduct on doing heavy research and omnivorously gobbled all recommended material that was given by his friend to him. It is very obvious that there are a lot of research excess that he couldn't put into Berserk and have to be channeled somewhere. We are lucky that the we only got the overstayed buttmonkey pirates in the Sea God arc instead of something more severe. In that way, he is very similar to Hideo Kojima before the latter left Konami and finally create something that is not Metal Gear.

This is why despite its very short run, Gigantomakhia is jampacked with shit tons of stuffs, themes, and references. Miura tried his very best to channeled all of his creative ideas into this 1 volume story so he would no longer feel burned out after doing Berserk for the past 30 years. It is obviously not as good as Berserk, but for what is Gigantomakhia is very good as it had worldbuilding, theme execution, and pacing that could easily trump over longer and lesser manga.

If you are Berserk fans, try to read his interview. He is not a man who draw his own experience as the source of the awful stuff he had drawn and shown. He was in fact, feel into depression for weeks after Volume 13. It is honesty that makes Berserk very special to him and to us. If you wanted his magnum opus stayed that way, you better tried to be emphatic if he done another side project while Berserk still running.

Dex-chan lover
Would love to follow prome and delos further, a nice little thing packed with personality

This was actually pretty good, I would definitely keep reading this if this manga was longer, I was pleasantly surprised.

That being said, I rather have the author focus on Berserk and once it's finished then he can focus on this manga.

This man really put Berserk on hiatus for over a year to draw out his very specific and very degenerate fetish. It's a power move that I dont think world was ready for.

Group Leader
I wish Miura-sensei would continue this manga after Berserk is finished.

Users who are viewing this thread