Girls und Panzer - MAHO X CHOBI LIFE (Doujinshi) - Oneshot

Fed-Kun's army
@Yuga
I meant, garupan is a series which has a lot titles, I was wondering which part in the garupan gives us the idea that Maho can do xxx with Anchovy?

Fed-Kun's army
@Yuga
I miss that manga because its art isn't my taste. Do you know exactly which chapter highlights this fact? I tried to look up on fandom wiki but couldn't get any detail out of it. Also Anchovy & Maho don't seems like to go to university or sth similar. This setting has appeared quite a lot in doujin which makes me think it maybe it is a official storyline :?

@yurirei Those two doesn't go in same university but a lot of doujins Anchovy-Maho make that settings. In ribbon warrior ch 21, but not too sure, maybe just friendship.

It's not that unusual to see the fanbase making super weird ships and that for a lot of license

Group Leader
@yurirei It's unclear why exactly Maho and Anchovy were made into a pairing, but there are a couple of ideas 1) Maho goes to KMM, a German-themed school, and Anchovy goes to an Italian-themed one. Since Germany and Italy were allies in WW2, that is one reason they could be paired together. 2) Their personalities may have been a good match to Japanese viewers, who saw Maho as the stoic, but competent type, while Anchovy was very expressive of her feelings, but not as confident in her abilities. A good balance for a pairing. 3) There is a scene in Der Film right after Miho and Maho defeated Arisu where you can see Maho stare at Anchovy for a second. It was small, but I have a wild guess that Japanese viewers (who are very attentive of this stuff) saw that and started pairing them together because of that. Though, this 3rd reason is a wild guess and has the least amount of support for it.

As for the "university/college" setting, many of the girls are soon expected to be in university/college so a lot of doujinshi/manga portray the third-years and so on in college settings. It's a nice way of doing a slice-of-life story without having to draw tanks or making a complicated setting. I enjoy it a lot because it allows the girls to wear something outside of their usual uniforms as well.

I hope that helped answer your questions in some way.

Fed-Kun's army
@NinetyTwo
I see, that's more informative. Thank you very much.

I agree with your pov about the college setting. Kinda like this couple in this setting. The author should make a sequel of this doujin.

Group Leader
@yurirei There are sequels. MAHO X CHOBI SISTERS is the next one I plan on doing. I sadly don't have the two volumes following that one, so I may not be able to translate those two anytime soon.

Fed-Kun's army
@NinetyTwo
So, should I set this doujin as reading list and wait for the possible next chapter or it will have a new its own thread doujin? Because I think, if it has sequels with a same format name. It would be the best to set doujin series title as MAHO X CHOBI, and the chapter name is LIFE. Doing so us, reader could follow it.

And yeah, thanks a lot for your work. Love to see the next one coming. (if it's ok, could you share the title of the 2 following volumes after the SISTERS?)

Group Leader
@yurirei
Due to the nature of doujinshi, it would not be necessary to put this on a reading list. Doujinshi are often sold as one-shots on their own and subsequent releases are not direct sequels to previous one-shots. They may have the same setting and characters, but in a different situation. They may make a call-back to previous events, but it is not consider a sequel in most cases. As such, I do not and will not do them in an order like MAHO X CHOBI [insert name].

The following two after MAHO X CHOBI SISTERS is: MAHO X CHOBI MEMORIES and MAHO X CHOBI SUNNY DAY.

Users who are viewing this thread