Giving the Read Markers more purpose

Dex-chan lover
The Read Markers are already great as it lets the reader know where they left off. However at some point I've come to realize that it becomes increasingly difficult to keep an overview on what chapters have gotten a new chapter released. Even with the Updates Tab, it is common to miss a chapter.

To be concise with what I want to suggest: Add an option to hide chapters from the Updates Tab that have been Marked as Read.

As an example to why, about little over a week ago my Update feed got cluttered with over 20 pages worth of scanlations from Asura scans and Reaper Scans. I'm not saying this to complain. Infact I actually appreciate it as it lets me have more stuff to read, but because there is so much in the Updates Tab, that I've (probably) missed many chapter updates that I've overlooked.
Of course there is also the Option to turn off Updates recieved from the specified manga. The problem with that however is that it is unnecessarily Time-consuming to manually enable/disable that, aswell as being a problem when done with an unfinished manga where there is no way to turn the Updates back on unless you deliberately go through your library (which unfortunately does not have any sorting options).

I believe that adding this would make it much easier for the reader to navigate through the Updates Tab.

Upvote 0
Dex-chan lover
If you read mainly on PC, I think there are scripts that hide chapters marked read.

Dex-chan lover
While I do read on PC, I mostly read on my phone as scrolling with the mousewheel through long strips is too irritating.
Even then I don't like the idea that just because there is a script of it somewhere that this suggestion should be neglected. Not everyone reads on PC, and not everyone that reads on PC uses scripts, let alone be aware of them.

I'm not suggesting this solely for my own convenience, but rather believing that this is something everyone would appreciate to have.

Dex-chan lover
Bump? I hope it is alright as there has been no response so far.
Sorry for the inconvenience if it isn't

Contributor
You can bump as many times as you want don't worry.

Right now Mangadex's developers are working on features to implement, so maybe your suggestion will be heard and be implemented.

Users who are viewing this thread