Golden Kamuy - Vol. 27 Ch. 267 - Severed

These people would have liked Woodrow Wilson very much and yes, i am insulting them.

Kirokanke's plan is more unrealistic than Wilk's. They can't defend all this land against Russia and Japan but Wilk is also naive to think that everyone will abandon their homeland for Hokkaido.

Dex-chan lover
@Howeveryw I can’t tell you to not feel the development is cheap, that’s your valid reaction/feelings, but I think it’s unfair to describe it as an assumption on Asirpa’s part, it’s a reasonable conclusion she came to from her experiences with Kiroranke, particularly his dying words, and the narrative supports that.
Now to be clear, this isn’t me saying you have to like said development, but to say it’s an unwarranted assumption on the characters/narrative’s part is inaccurate I think.

I finally caught up and things are tense as hell. It also feels like the ending is going to be coming soon 😵

Double-page supporter
Kiroranke and Sofia's plan is just impossible. They would get crushed by both Japan and Russia.

This really saves Kiroranke's character. While I would've sided with Wilk and think he's the pragmatic one, I can't blame his most loyal supporter going apeshit upon realizing the man you thought would realize your ideals is just another self-interested fox. Honestly great chapter.

Dex-chan lover
They're all messed up in their own ways.
Wilk was probably never all that invested in the Russian revolution in the first place, given how eager he was about learning Japanese before, so his focus was likely on Japan in general and Hokkaido specifically from early on. He was raised Ainu and likely just wanted to go back to being Ainu.
Tiger boyo was all about freeing his people from Russia. All he was doing was just a means to an end. He even had an Ainu "family" for the sake of fitting in, but didn't even care about them as his heart was still chained to Russia. I'm not even sure he cared that much about Sofia, though he probably believed he did. He was just an ideological fanatic.
And Sofia? A pampered rich girl who had a crush on Wilk. Yeah, she was tomboyish from the start and got toughened (and excessively aged) in jail, but I get the impression she just really wanted a family.

Users who are viewing this thread