Gomi Ika da to Tsuihousareta Shounin, Jitsu wa Zensei Kenja Desu - Ch. 4.2

Dex-chan lover
The way I see it, it's all most of it is actually MC fault. Around 65%(give or take🙄)
If he bring a proofs of subjugation or show his power when he still work as a servant. People won't mistaken him as a lazy and liar who likes to ditch their work.
did the dad not check if his employee was doing his job❔ like ever❔❔
Actually, he did show proof. Chapter 1, Page 8. The feudal lord just chose to completely disregard it. "Fake News" you know.

Fed-Kun's army
I feel bad for the people under the Earl. They're not at fault for his Is douche baggery, and yet they are the ones dying.

Dex-chan lover
Actually, he did show proof. Chapter 1, Page 8. The feudal lord just chose to completely disregard it. "Fake News" you know.
Yeah, he show proof when his credibility already reach a bottom and on the way to get fired.
Of course they would dismiss it as an Excuse from a loser

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, he show proof when his credibility already reach a bottom and on the way to get fired.
Of course they would dismiss it as an Excuse from a loser
That's not the implication I got.

Here's the dialogue from that bit. Keep in mind, this is just before he shows them the monster fang he got earlier that day...

"You always lie about killing monsters to skip work. You think your words can be trusted?"
"I wasn't skipping work! I really did kill monsters! I've shown you so much proof! I've also gotten rid of some monsters that appeared in the territory this morning."

This wording clearly implies that he's been taking proof of monster subjugations and turning them... And that it's been an ongoing thing where they don't believe him even though he has that proof.

If you ask me, I'm betting it will come out in the next chapter or so that the butler was putting the idea into the feudal lord's head about the proof being fake. He might have been feeling that his position was being threatened by the MC.

Why?

Because the guy probably was getting all of his work done, and then going out to subjugate monsters on top of that. It's the same sort of short-sightedness you see in middle-level managers in a Japanese black company. They'll do everything they can to cover up their ineptitude while throwing their underlings under the bus - regardless of whether or not losing that underling is going to hurt the company.

EDIT: Come to think of it, the attitude that head butler was so close to "Black Company Middle-Manager" that it will not surprise me if he was the one who was actually slacking off, and was using the MC as a scapegoat.

Dex-chan lover
"Lower than trash."
even trash can be dangerous to fight you freaking moron. you never know what is inside trash. a rusty nail, rats, angry and starving lawyer, flies, maggots, etc etc.
Don't forget the forbidden garbage juice

Fed-Kun's army
It's the angry face at the end that's a red flag for me. Finding out that a loyal servant of yours did not in fact lie to you should not trigger anger. Neither should he be angry while trying to get said servant back. Though considering the MC is in another territory at this point, I don't see how there can be any leverage to force him to come back.

Group Leader
Don't go back for them but for the citizens. Publicly execute the family and that butler looking fk. All the money they hoarded goes to the victims and for rebuilding. Hopefully someone comes to save the territory before they all die.

Users who are viewing this thread