Goodbye, My Rose Garden - Vol. 3 Ch. 14 - Short masquerade

Edward just won't concede. What a brave soul. I hope nothing happens to the two girls.😔

Though the rose may reach for the sun, the one who admires its beauty may one day pluck it from its stem for themselves

I'm sure this manga won't have an ending where Edward wins her, but I cannot fault him for trying

Dex-chan lover
Is time to be exemplar and impressed this age with Alice x Hanako relationship
Anyway, see the man saying directly ``Marry me`` not even a Please first because is literally a order, lol

Alice&Hanako, when they confess to each other, they're so cute, and Edward, why don't you just give up TvT, please don't threat the relationship of Alice & Hanako, I guess it somehow must have happened when you lived in 1900s TvT

Thank you so much for your hard work, Sha-tan, can't wait for the next chap uwu

Odds that Edward somehow ends up being gay?

Edit: This ends in just 3 chapters???

Hanako's really cute in this chapter. She looks like a girl inlove for the first time and the author really portrayed it with those expressions.

I hope they'll get their happy ending and at the same time an ending that satisfies the readers.
I also hope that Edward will finally give up when Alice rejects the proposal.

Dex-chan lover
Please no tragedy
Please no tragedy
Please no tragedy
Please no tragedy
Please no tragedy

Dex-chan lover
@Sha-tan

The term “aristocrat” would have been used where the translation has “noble”.

Of course, squeezing “aristocrat” into that speech bubble might be very awkward, and this story has deviated from historical authenticity in various ways.

@Minori6
Odds that Edward somehow ends up being gay?
If he went to Cambridge University, then one would be a fool to bet against it. If he's an Oxford man, then a bit less.

Dex-chan lover
@Sha-tan

The term “aristocrat” and coördinate terms has come to refer to a broader class which includes more than the nobility; but, in England at the time in which this story is set, even a noble member of the British aristocracy would have been called an “aristocrat” and someone with neither a title nor immediate descent from one with a title would not have been called “aristocrat”.

Utter Tangent: In his book The Rights of Man, Thomas Paine repeatedly refers to those “in ſome countries called ariſtocracy and in others nobility”,1 but this repetition is a set-up for a pun:
It loſt ground from contempt more than from hatred ; and was rather jeered at as an aſs, than dreaded as a lion. This is the general character of ariſtocracy, or what are called Nobles or Nobility, or rather No-Ability, in all countries.

1with minor variations in phrasing, punctuation, and italicization

Group Leader
@Oeconomist
I'm sorry, maybe I made you misunderstand with my last comment.
I wasn't trying to say you're wrong. I was just saying that the Chinese translation wrote "noble". And so I did the same, I'm not saying it's right though.

Users who are viewing this thread