Gourmet Gaming - Vol. 1 Ch. 30

Group Leader
Sweet thanks for the update! I know what junk food i'm picking up on my next grocery run lol

@KnowItAllKing guys thanks for your work, but just give up this series and focus your efforts elsewhere; you've lost this one to PMScans.

Only thing I can say is, I don't like spam T^T
Other yummy foods, come back quickly...

@Panther sounds like you've blocked the PMScans group then, because they've already released up to chapter 44 of this series here on mangadex.
I don't appreciate being asked "wtf are you talking about" when you yourself is the cause for why you can't see their releases. Dumbass.

The releases PMScans makes are good quality. If they were bad in the past, that is at least no longer the case.

Supporter
@Shiggle

PMScans are still pretty bad quality. There are grammar errors like every third sentence in the latest chapter and the wording sounds extremely unnatural. It's a step above MTL but it's not "good".

Fed-Kun's army
I'm not knowledgeable about the translating drama here but there is no harm in them releasing this. It's not like they are "sniping" (I hate the word and find the concept dumb) or releasing fast and bad translations. More variety is not a bad thing and some might like to wait for their translation.
Like how back when anime had multiple groups that translated and typeset differently. For example I preferred when they had honorifics like -chan -san -sama and the like. While some wanted more localized translation.
I understand that some people just want more manga/webtoon translated and feel that it's a waste to work on the same one, but if they enjoy doing this one it's not for you to say they shouldn't. I've seen some groups just give up from the pressure eventhough they just wanted to share or practice translating. I rather be able to read something than not at All. (besides this one webtoon that was machine translated from 2 different languages and the end result isn't even English but that's a whole other story)

TLDR
I always see some negative comments from time to time about something that is basically free, so I wanted to reason with ppl /rant a bit. (I'm not expecting anyone to care about what I said anyways)

@Shiggle

PMScans translations (for this at least) started as utter garbage. They got lots of flak and improved a bit. but still, their work lacks polish and often reads clumsily.

Keep up the good work Arang! This is good stuff worth the wait.

Fed-Kun's army
@Shiggle I don’t want to read PMScans. Their translation was so bad, I blocked them. And I almost never block groups.

@Satsuo As I understand it, Aarang started translating first, with PMS deliberately sniping it because of translator drama. That’s what I’ve heard, at least. I dunno if that changes your opinion, just thought I’d share the info.

Spam, huh. Dunno that I’ve ever had spam. Where I grew up, it was considered a food you’d never want to admit to eating, or else you’d be made fun of by the other kids. I wonder if it’s actually good.

Dex-chan lover
The thing to note is that Koreans take spam pretty seriously. They've got premium-grade spam, and it's the good stuff.

And it's mainly high in sodium, so not actually bad for your body. With the quantity of vegetables koreans consume, it's not an issue for them.

SDK

@Shiggle Complete bs... Unblocked them a month ago and they're still pretty bad.

@Satsuo Now that I think about it, I kinda agree with you here. When I started reading manga it was always weird to see how a release of one chapter by another group can cause so much drama. Although I can't really remember people being as fussed about it as much it is on MangaDex back on the days of Batoto. Might be wrong tho.

Dex-chan lover
@Shiggle
Just because PMS is ahead of Arang doesn't make PMS superior or the default. The way I see it PMS has not released a single chapter that is readable. They were fast and terrible, and they are still fast and terrible. I appreciate Arang's time and quality releases. If you are impatient and want spoilers, go ahead and read the PMS scans.

P.S.
@Satsuo I can confirm what Anra7777 said. Arang was translating and PMS saw an opportunity to snipe cus they thought the translations were too slow.

P.P.S.
Here in the U.S. spam is a weird relic of the past enjoyed by veterans and old ppl. It is purely for nostalgia for them, but for everyone else it is strange, if not repugnant. It has no resemblance of what it was cut from so it has questionable origins. Why would you buy meat(?) from a can when you can just by fresh cuts at the store? Although it can be eaten straight from the can (usually on crackers) this is the first time I have seen it fried (which might actually make it taste good.).

Aggregator gang
It might sound far-fetched but MC is correct. I love spam. It tastes delicious. And from personal experience, I can confirm that hot white rice with fried spam is the best.

Of course, the spam and rice themselves matter too. Personally, I like my rice soft. As for the spam, it has to be the right one that suits your palette. I once tried a different kind of spam and it tasted awful. It was actually repulsive.
I imagine that's what spam haters always taste, and if so, you have my condolences.

Users who are viewing this thread