Guild no Cheat na Uketsukejou - Vol. 8 Ch. 40

Dex-chan lover
For some reason I thought this ended already, some kind of unconcious wish?

So the guy that kept eating children actually had no reason to do so and gained jack shit from doing so, and it was instigated by a grumpy granny elf (elf2) that apparently blames some other unnamed elves (elf3) for that one elf (elf1) that everyone loved for some reason, dying, even though it was grumpy granny elf (elf2) that did some stupid immortality research that caused loved elf (elf1) to die...
It feels like such an odd and dumb story that I hope I read the chapter wrong.

Anyways now MC goes back to town to find that even more people are randomly evil and killing each other for what is prb equally dumb reasons as eating children because someone told him to.

Dex-chan lover
So, after everything, the head honchos responsible for killing children and others for ages are free to live merrily thereafter? Just like that? This was worth all the flashback and exposition? This?

Dex-chan lover
2 chaps left before the finale, this is gonna be rushed as fuck.

Dex-chan lover
WTF is the point of any of this flashback?! Why did we even get launched into seeing it? Just have her awaken to this power and leave it at that, this in just convoluted stupidity that has added absolutely nothing to the story. Its just developing characters that no one cares about or matter. As well as for some reason she just lets serial child killers who enslaved her race as livestock go, wtf, they still are to strong for any of the other elves to fight back against and she plans to only save those close to her and let them continue. Why? Just kill or even capture them and tell the villages what has been happening. She could easily seal their powers and let the vilages decided what to do if she is so against doing it herself. For what reason is the author dragging this out?

This Manga has been fucking horrible. All this bullshit they did, killed all those children and did horrible shit, and for what? to let them go in the end so you can live freely? this is fucking stupid, this story is complete trash. Just like everything else, no one takes accountability and never reaps the consequences for their actions. Jesus this honestly made me mad.

Dex-chan lover
You know, there are some people who have committed vast crimes who have changed on their own will and turned against their former life to do good going forward. Perhaps they can be given a chance.

This is not one of those times. There was no real repentance. No guilt. Nothing to push them to walk a new path, other than fear of Illya.

I can get letting them go free if Illya cast magic on them. Magic that prevents them from doing bad things. Or perhaps a permanent watchdog spell that if they so much as think of something wrong, it's over.

Illya is a godlike being, with ridiculous op powers. They can either do good, or be destroyed by her with ease.

But we didn't get that.

I like to ponder sometimes what would've happened, if Darth Vader survived. Even with the emperor dead, the empire would still be a major threat. What would the Rebels do? Would they use his help, intel and knowledge to fight back the empire and finish them off? Would they seek to kill him on sight even with Luke mediating? Would they lock him up in prison or Carbonite?

I can see them using him as a asset. But I can't imagine they would just let him go free. Unless he truly proved himself, he would be on a very short leash, and they would likely only utilize him if they could modify his body(bomb in brain,etc) where one step out of line means instant death.

But I don't really see an end where he just retires peacefully on Tatooine or something. Even at minimum if something like that could happen after decades of service, he would be on house arrest with guards monitoring him.

A best case scenario, is after his usefulness is exhausted, he becomes under Luke's direct custody. Maybe could teach Luke about the Jedi or something.

Dex-chan lover
Illya adult form, there isnt surprise ....
Hero eating elfs absorving abilities, stats are trash =/
She crafted a dress using a curtain ... lol, skew rank max is useful xD

Users who are viewing this thread