Guns and Girls - Vol. 2 Ch. 16 - Game 16

Dex-chan lover
Evidently, even as the second volume was completed, the author was expecting at least a third. Normally then, I'd expect chapters beyond 16 to have already been published in serialization. I wonder what the H_ll happened.

Dex-chan lover
Hmm...definitely got axed. After reading all the chapters it felt kind of disjointed so I could see how a publisher would opt to drop it in favor of something else. Sadly, now 8-ish years down the line it looks as though there won't be a part 2 to continue that interesting plot hook right at the end which could've better driven it down the sports-manga lane.

But man, looking back at it the early - mid 10's sure had a bunch of airsoft/survival game adjacent manga.

Upotte!! (real guns but similar vibe), Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu, Sabagebu! and this with the former three all being published at once for a span. And yet, only Upotte (the oldest of the bunch) remains standing.

Dex-chan lover
I get why it was axed (the quality of the earlier chapters weren't up to snuff) but it was slowly getting better near the end, but I guess it didn't improve fast enough.

I will say that this artist's drawings are great though, I'm looking forward to seeing his next work. The art wasn't the problem, the issue was the lackluster storytelling and how it meandered. Another commenter said it was "disjointed" and I agree with the use of that word.

Users who are viewing this thread