Hachinan tte, Sore wa Nai Deshou! - Ch. 90 - Revival of the Weigel family

Dex-chan lover
Why did all those people need to be present in Rückner's office? Katharina obviously needed to be there, as well as the old man pope to give the issue some political weight. Otherwise only count Baumeister himself was needed because he was the one doing the talking. The rest were just a strange gallery that made it look like they were a gangster mob putting pressure on Rückner.

Dex-chan lover
Why did all those people need to be present in Rückner's office? Katharina obviously needed to be there, as well as the old man pope to give the issue some political weight. Otherwise only count Baumeister himself was needed because he was the one doing the talking. The rest were just a strange gallery that made it look like they were a gangster mob putting pressure on Rückner.
Because most of them are also Retainers of MC, aka., his personal guards (even the 3 girls who are his fiancees).

Dex-chan lover
Because most of them are also Retainers of MC, aka., his personal guards (even the 3 girls who are his fiancees).
And why does the MC need his whole personal guard and wife force when visiting the office of a minister of the country? He doesn't. I reckon the author is just so super used to making them travel together, and indeed most places out there they go to would have them in the group, that he just didn't pay any attention to how strange (in my opinion at least) it looked like here.

Dex-chan lover
And why does the MC need his whole personal guard and wife force when visiting the office of a minister of the country? He doesn't. I reckon the author is just so super used to making them travel together, and indeed most places out there they go to would have them in the group, that he just didn't pay any attention to how strange (in my opinion at least) it looked like here.

I'm not sure about the details since this is an adaptation from novel source material, but sometimes, details like place they meet at, who's included in a meeting, etc gets mixed or confused from one medium to another....

what you pointed out made sense, but at the same time, is it important if it was the mangaka, novel author, editor, or whoever made a silly error...? since it's not that important to the whole plot at the end of the day. I'm not even sure what my point is about.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not sure about the details since this is an adaptation from novel source material, but sometimes, details like place they meet at, who's included in a meeting, etc gets mixed or confused from one medium to another....

what you pointed out made sense, but at the same time, is it important if it was the mangaka, novel author, editor, or whoever made a silly error...? since it's not that important to the whole plot at the end of the day. I'm not even sure what my point is about.

Sure, it's not important who made the mistake, assuming it is a mistake. I'm only saying it looked strange in my eyes. But naturally everything in this series happens according to the world building of the author (and sometimes the adapting mangaka). I probably wouldn't have paid it much attention, but just look at Rückner's face. The man is already distressed and toward the end sweating bullets because of something that happened before his time, yet he must be the one dealing with it. Naturally it's his responsibility and he recognises it, since he accepted Wendelin's every condition. Nevertheless, his already willing to do everything he can to help, yet he's still facing a whole bunch of armed people in his own office.

Dex-chan lover
I would like to point out that the term "Marquise" is the feminine of "Marquis"...
Which doesn't quite fit here considering Rückner is a dude.

Dex-chan lover
I'm sure it would have cut off a good chunk of the work for the mangaka if just the necessary characters were present. And if I remember correctly, Erwin is MC's only actual bodyguard.

Dex-chan lover
If I had to guess, it was to do with Rückner being forced to keep his word. More witnesses means he's less likely to turn on them

Contributor
My man is going to have to start finishing all the marriages and working on a schedule to start impregnating all his wives/concubines LOL. Going to have a dozen wives at this rate.

Dex-chan lover
That might depend on the culture of protocol when it comes to nobles. As his bodyguards, they count as part of his entourage. Unless they're discussing confidential matters in this meeting, then their role is probably to watch over him at all times. Another role could also be to serve as witnesses to the negotiations and resulting agreements.

Dex-chan lover
I'm sure it would have cut off a good chunk of the work for the mangaka if just the necessary characters were present. And if I remember correctly, Erwin is MC's only actual bodyguard.
Actually*adjusts glasses* ...... cough

iirc with the exception of Elise and Katherin, who are nobles, all the ladies of his harem are bodyguards that just happen to share his bed.

Fed-Kun's army
I thought our mc was very much so against political marriage no?

Dex-chan lover
If I had to guess, it was to do with Rückner being forced to keep his word. More witnesses means he's less likely to turn on them
I don't think this is an unreasonable conclusion at all, but you have to remember the other person in the room is a fuckin' Cardinal of the Church. I'd imagine his weight alone as a witness is many leagues ahead of his harem, regardless their own titles.

Also, judging from how the Marquis acts, I don't think he'd quite enjoy the trouble of the aristocrat politicking that'd follow saying a fellow noble is a liar by not honoring an agreement/or saying it never happened. In general Ruckner seems to be risk averse.

Group Leader
Actually felt kinda bad for Ruckner this chap lmao the poor only reasonable dude having to clean up the mess of his family

Group Leader
This chapter has moved me greatly. As such I am willing to help any woman who needs help bearing an heir to their family name, just like the MC did.

Users who are viewing this thread