Hajime no Ippo - Ch. 1437 - Perfect Copy

Fed-Kun's army
I can't help but feel like in the title fight, He's going to get a huge amount of confidence when he realizes Rosario isnt even on par with Ippo, pushing him into a crazy win. But a even fight is probably to be expected either way.

Dex-chan lover
I don't know if it was intentional, but thank you for delaying the release until you had both of these chapters. If it was only the last chapter I would have been really annoyed at the ending of it.

This latest chapter has a much better ending note.

Dex-chan lover
By Mashiba's reaction in that panel, he'd have eaten that hook if not for his coach. If this was kamogawa, he'd have told ippo to clench his teeth and survive the puch lol or just kept quiet and watched him get nailed. Just goes to show how competent this coach is and his awareness towards Mashiba.

Dex-chan lover
I don't know if it was intentional, but thank you for delaying the release until you had both of these chapters. If it was only the last chapter I would have been really annoyed at the ending of it.

This latest chapter has a much better ending note.
For real; felt like a chapter x.1 and x.2 situation, where it was originally meant to all be one chapter, instead.

Dex-chan lover
chapters ended similar way but now ippo is prob gonna be on receiving end

also what coach talking bout? ippo has always been able to close the distance with huge bursts of speed, usually from a neutral state

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Me reading the last chapter and seeing the first 2 pages of this chapter. God damn man, this is why I read this manga lol

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation! Pairing the short first chapter with this one was good.

Dex-chan lover
Yesss, Mashiba has been looking down on Ippo for far too long even though he lost to him. Take him serious let's goooo.

Dex-chan lover
chapters ended similar way but now ippo is prob gonna be on receiving end

also what coach talking bout? ippo has always been able to close the distance with huge bursts of speed, usually from a neutral state

Ippo has never changed his tempo. Either he crabs up and stays that way, or he rushes in non-stop. He just follows the script Kamogawa laid out for him beforehand. That's what Mashiba's coach meant (and I realize the guy still doesn't have a name...). Ippo was originally a highly predictable fighter.

It might not seem that way at first because in the manga format, we see seconds play out over entire chapters.

Hm.....I want to see Mashiba drop Ippo. And that's great, because Ippo wants to get brought down, he's coaching mashiba., not fighting him for real. Then it'll work against Rosario, but Rosario will squeeze something else out and show people the deep hunger that makes champions.

Users who are viewing this thread