Hajime no Ippo - Ch. 1442 - Where the Flames Go

Double-page supporter
In Detective Conan/Case Closed they do the same thing. Whereas in the earlier chapters you see the characters use flip-phones, landlines etc. and in the newer chapters they started using smartphones.

I don't think that is a bad thing as the technological advancements do not impact the story. I would even say it's fine in order to stay topical even though these last few chapters were pretty big misses.

Dex-chan lover
Actually all this it isn't filler to begin with... if it is the original making this way is official and cannon. Anything outside of mangaka story yes is filler. So if they animate this and add extra stuff that isn't on the manga then will be filler.

Like Big_Boss said just enjoy the ride, it is part of the adventure, can't be all just fight, train, fight, train, there is also the part of character growth e socialize. Although I understand the frustration. He keep teasing us and he might die even before the manga finish or having Ippo back to action xD

Dex-chan lover
...who are the guys doing data analysis again? And who are these guys eating with Takamura?

Dex-chan lover
I really like the humour in this manga and the free time the characters get between the fights. I think this is what makes this series work.
However, these last two chapters were weak to me. Suddenly bringing the series into the modern era was weird. I really want to know how it came to be. Did they forgot about the timeline and then the editor decided to just go with it and write a gag around it or what was the intention? At first I thought it's to make Itagaki leak the fight and to make Rosario see it / showing the world Ippo is atill going strong bit that wasn't the case. Well, guess I have to wait and see.

Dex-chan lover
Literally phones and laptop... I know laptops exists in 90s... but damn, it's literally modern.
In Detective Conan/Case Closed they do the same thing. Whereas in the earlier chapters you see the characters use flip-phones, landlines etc. and in the newer chapters they started using smartphones.

I don't think that is a bad thing as the technological advancements do not impact the story. I would even say it's fine in order to stay topical even though these last few chapters were pretty big misses.
I really like the humour in this manga and the free time the characters get between the fights. I think this is what makes this series work.
However, these last two chapters were weak to me. Suddenly bringing the series into the modern era was weird. I really want to know how it came to be. Did they forgot about the timeline and then the editor decided to just go with it and write a gag around it or what was the intention? At first I thought it's to make Itagaki leak the fight and to make Rosario see it / showing the world Ippo is atill going strong bit that wasn't the case. Well, guess I have to wait and see.
It's a floating timeline now https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floating_timeline

The actual time period the story takes place in has never been super important so I think it's fine.

Users who are viewing this thread