Hajime no Ippo - The First Step - Vol. 140 Ch. 1441 - Itagaki's Blowing Up!

Well, it's my turn to be the one with the unpopular opinion. This was funny, so I liked it.

Trust Morikawa is introducing modernity to manga for more than just a one chap joke. I hope so.

Dex-chan lover
I was pretty sure the manga took place between the 60's and the 80's
Also, if this is taking place around 2010 now, doesn't that make Komogawa almost 100 years old?
He was born in 1917 iirc
(It also makes Ippo 37, and Takamura 41)

Dex-chan lover
Yea everyone's ages are weird now.. I gonna chalk it all up to Morikawa sensei wanting to have fun with the tools of modern day, but yea this is odd as hell. Guess we fully 20xx now.

Aggregator gang
Well before he rejoin boxing he will join tweeting.. honestly this felt out of place. Thanks for the translation...

What if Ippo started boxing in 1999? I don't know if I could imagine that.

Dex-chan lover
he kinda deserves it tbh, and it's true he should focus on himself more like his recent matches are...

Dex-chan lover
yeb it will leak Ippo identity as mysterious opponent eventually at this rate.
well I don't really care about the technology in this setting really, it does not need to be too realistic.
it not that kind of manga

The series had a consistent timeline spanning 1989-99 for 35 years and all of that is just gone now. Just reeks of an author not caring anymore, and that's just sad.

Dex-chan lover
Itakgaki you fucking dipshit. You just leaked crucial info and now the Rosario dude is gonna fucking do an anti-anti strat now.
The strategy Itagaki leaked is "getting punched in the face". I don't think Rosario needs an anti-anti against that.

(Note: Ban-Goat is Yagi. Mukki is Kimura?)

Considering Twitter's X now I don't really see a reason to call it Thwitter for brand safety...

Dex-chan lover
I was expecting that someone had secretly taped Mashiba's sparring match or Itagaki uploaded it like an idiot. Instead what we get is a chapter about twitter and social media flame wars. I know this series has comedic episodes at times but this just...felt like a massive waste of my time. I think I'll let chapters build up for a while before I catch up.

Users who are viewing this thread