Hajime no Ippo - The First Step - Ch. 1455 - Outside of Expectations

Dex-chan lover
Ty for the translation

First a 2 week break, now a 9 page chapter. Sometimes I truly regret catching up to the manga as the wait time really is not worth it
Yeah Morikawa is pushing 60 now and will probably continue to reduce his workload as he ages. Ippo will probably never come out of retirement at this rate but at least we have Inoue as an irl Ippo

0a3bca0a4d830027b871eda757a9ba4fbfda7cd8.gifv

Dex-chan lover
Yeah Morikawa is pushing 60 now and will probably continue to reduce his workload as he ages. Ippo will probably never come out of retirement at this rate but at least we have Inoue as an irl Ippo

0a3bca0a4d830027b871eda757a9ba4fbfda7cd8.gifv
While i understand most artist like morikawa are rich, so they do this to spread they arts; i still think aging mangaka should hire more assistant. Maybe look for someone whose art is kinda similar. That way they can just make the Name, and supervise the work.

Group Leader
Rosario swallowed the water isntead of spitting it out. Will it be relevant? Maybe, maybe not.

Big gulp of air because Rosario is going to step in suddenly and go for a rush but its ok Mashiba is ready because he sparred with Ippo.

Dex-chan lover
damn, some people keep complaoning ... but hell, we got some nice pages here. i love it. ❤️

Dex-chan lover
Maybe his hair style will be revealed to be.... oh yes... not hair at all, but macaroni! The macaroni will extend in the next chapter, effectively neutralizing Mashiba's reach advantage. ....I should probably go eat something.

Dex-chan lover
While i understand most artist like morikawa are rich, so they do this to spread they arts; i still think aging mangaka should hire more assistant. Maybe look for someone whose art is kinda similar. That way they can just make the Name, and supervise the work.
They do this because it's a very hard job, not because they're rich. He probably has assistents to do the background and stuff.
That said, I would prefer the chapter to release bi weekly but with 20 pages instead.

Dex-chan lover
They do this because it's a very hard job, not because they're rich. He probably has assistents to do the background and stuff.
That said, I would prefer the chapter to release bi weekly but with 20 pages instead.
I mean search for an assistant to help with the main drawing. Which is why i said to search for one who drew similarly to george.

By 'they're rich' i meant that George as a successful mangaka, already have enough money to spend for the rest of his life, and then some. So logically speaking, he can take risk(i.e. having another person draw for him while he provide the idea. So he solely become the author, and make the artist someone else.) And things would still be just fine.

Dex-chan lover
I mean search for an assistant to help with the main drawing. Which is why i said to search for one who drew similarly to george.

By 'they're rich' i meant that George as a successful mangaka, already have enough money to spend for the rest of his life, and then some. So logically speaking, he can take risk(i.e. having another person draw for him while he provide the idea. So he solely become the author, and make the artist someone else.) And things would still be just fine.
All sensible points.
That said, I won’t be surprised if a number of mangaka are quite protective of their own work and loath for others to touch the most important parts, at that point it’s more satisfaction and pride over pragmatism, especially for those who are successful.
If I remember correctly, it took forever for this series to have a digital version or something like that. Can’t imagine that’s because of the publisher (they won’t refuse easy money), so probably the author took a while to be convinced. So George must be quite insistent on his ways (i.e. stubborn).
Imagine now the convincing required to have him change decades of proven way of work that he has established.

It’s obvious to us, but the author probably has a different perspective on this.

Dex-chan lover
All sensible points.
That said, I won’t be surprised if a number of mangaka are quite protective of their own work and loath for others to touch the most important parts, at that point it’s more satisfaction and pride over pragmatism, especially for those who are successful.
If I remember correctly, it took forever for this series to have a digital version or something like that. Can’t imagine that’s because of the publisher (they won’t refuse easy money), so probably the author took a while to be convinced. So George must be quite insistent on his ways (i.e. stubborn).
Imagine now the convincing required to have him change decades of proven way of work that he has established.

It’s obvious to us, but the author probably has a different perspective on this.
It may be true, but we dont have to like it. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread